Dwayne Gratz arrested... | The Boneyard

Dwayne Gratz arrested...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
WHAT?!?!? This is one of the strangest arrests I have ever seen. Almost comical.

Reaction Score
I'd drug test him too. 5:53 am when he was arrested? If he was just drunk, most people would have passed out by then. Not to mention he had practice on Monday. What a moron.

Reaction Score
I'd drug test him too. 5:53 am when he was arrested? If he was just drunk, most people would have passed out by then. Not to mention he had practice on Monday. What a moron.

Really - wouldn't it depend on when you started drinking??

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
N

Not gonna share?!?!?
:cool:

First week on campus I got arrested for public intoxication after throwing a Wawa hot dog at a complete stranger. I had a fake ID with my brother's info but my picture. I figured they'd throw me out of school if I got arrested so I took the hit as my brother, fingerprints and all. They asked me my social security number and I said I didn't remember it. Went to court and got accelerated rehabilitation, which I thought took it off the record once my probation was over. That was 1988.

I almost got away with it until earlier this year when my brother went to JFK to get TSA Pre-Check certified. They asked him if he'd ever been arrested or had an alias? He asked them what they were talking about and after the first 30 seconds of the story he figured it out. I spent 30 minutes explaining the story to TSA before they approved my brother.

I have others and oddly enough, most involve booze.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Disappointed in the young man. Can't throw too many stones as I did dumb stuff but I was smart enough to never get caught.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Who"s recruit? you know somewhere in this boneyard that will get mentioned:rolleyes::eek:

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I got drunk and threw my hot dog at a stranger when I was at Uconn, fortunately it didn't get me into any trouble... Although I nearly froze my ass off on the walk back to my dorm at 4AM! ;)

Reaction Score
5:53 am when he was arrested? If he was just drunk, most people would have passed out by then. Not to mention he had practice on Monday. What a moron.
If Gratz was as drunk and belligerent as suggested, in Miami Beach partying, and it was around 5:53 am, perhaps it's best he didn't get the opportunity to try to drive back to Jacksonville. Dumb, but at least he earned an opportunity to sober up that morning, potentially learn some hard-earned lessons, and possibly earned a new nickname, e.g., Bubble Gum Gratz. Imagine the locker room harassment Dwayne's generated, but ideally it's a wake up call.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
First week on campus I got arrested for public intoxication after throwing a Wawa hot dog at a complete stranger. I had a fake ID with my brother's info but my picture. I figured they'd throw me out of school if I got arrested so I took the hit as my brother, fingerprints and all. They asked me my social security number and I said I didn't remember it. Went to court and got accelerated rehabilitation, which I thought took it off the record once my probation was over. That was 1988.

I almost got away with it until earlier this year when my brother went to JFK to get TSA Pre-Check certified. They asked him if he'd ever been arrested or had an alias? He asked them what they were talking about and after the first 30 seconds of the story he figured it out. I spent 30 minutes explaining the story to TSA before they approved my brother.

I have others and oddly enough, most involve booze.
The TSA part is fantastic.
I hope you don't buy Hot Dogs at the Rent...

Reaction Score
I got drunk and threw my hot dog at a stranger when I was at Uconn, fortunately it didn't get me into any trouble... Although I nearly froze my ass off on the walk back to my dorm at 4AM! ;)

I walked back from Towers to Alumni once in the middle of the winter drunk as a stunk at 3 AM. Did not get into any police trouble; but, did leave a lawyer of skin from my behind on the stone steps of Wilbur Cross because the little brain took over while trying to study a broad from a German exchange program. Why I could not wait the extra 10 minutes to get back to my empty dorm room (my roommate had already drunk out), is beyond me. The lesson learned was to always be on top.

Reaction Score
BNich said:

Go to LIV and see if you can fall asleep in that atmosphere.

Was at the Fountainbleau with my wife a couple of years back. We had a car picking us up at 6 to go to the airport on Sunday morning. The club just got out and there were tons of people wandering the lobby. Miami is just like Vegas for party people. No clocks.

Reaction Score
Got to be honest, I love this story. Gotta think Roger Goodell is like "oh, thank God."

Reaction Score
You know, I met Dwayne Gratz once, and I thought to myself, of the lineup of players at the time, most of these guys will be in the NFL in a year or two, and this is the one that will end up getting arrested as an NFL player for intoxication and disorderly conduct at 5:30 AM in some convenience store in a party town, for trying to pass off a piece of bubble gum as a $20 dollar bill for some munchies and bottle of Powerade, after blowing all his cash all night on booze and women.

Oh wait.....never mind- that's just me being crazy, that would never happen.....

Reaction Score
knowing Dwayne from class during my time at UConn I have not laughed harder at an ESPN article - he's a good kid, great talent.

Reaction Score
Seriously, of all the possible reasons for getting arrested, it doesn't get much more benign than this. Goodell would be showing his true hypocritical colors if he hammers Gratz over this.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Wawa chili cheese dogs....2 for $1. Those poor bastards that worked the late night shift could probably write a book.
Any place that let me get made to order subs at 5am is asking for trouble. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate