2025 Recruiting: - Dwayne Aristode | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Dwayne Aristode

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Probably don't want to be bothered by kids using us for leverage or wanting tickets to the hottest show in town. Call us when you're ready to commit.
Are a lot of kids taking official visits because they want to watch college basketball games?

Reaction Score
Does this statement imply that UConn is turning down visits or am I misinterpreting it?
i dont think that's necessarily news. there's thousands of high school players that want to play for UConn but they have to be good enough to be recruited in the first place.

having said that you gotta make time for recruits like aristode. Hurley cast too small a net in 2024 and we're gonna have to strike gold in the transfer portal for the 3rd time in 3 years to make up for it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i dont think that's necessarily news. there's thousands of high school players that want to play for UConn but they have to be good enough to be recruited in the first place.

having said that you gotta make time for recruits like aristode. Hurley cast too small a net in 2024 and we're gonna have to strike gold in the transfer portal again to make up for it.
I believe in the large net approach and telling kids first one to commit gets the spot. Put some pressure on the kids, instead of it always being the other way. We're UConn dammit. 5 titles since 1999. We shouldn't have to grovel to get top talent. If kids put winning championships and decent NIL over underachieving teams and weak coaches but bigger NIL, we'd get more top players. I think it takes a special type of player to be a Husky. Most don't have the passion.

Reaction Score

having said that you gotta make time for recruits like aristode. Hurley cast too small a net in 2024 and we're gonna have to strike gold in the transfer portal for the 3rd time in 3 years to make up for it.
It's like clockwork, every spring from you

Reaction Score
I believe in the large net approach and telling kids first one to commit gets the spot. Put some pressure on the kids, instead of it always being the other way. We're UConn dammit. 5 titles since 1999. We shouldn't have to grovel to get top talent. If kids put winning championships and decent NIL over underachieving teams and weak coaches but bigger NIL, we'd get more top players. I think it takes a special type of player to be a Husky. Most don't have the passion.
The 2023 class was a 5 person class the net wasn’t cast too small. I understand 2024 might have been a little too targeted.

Reaction Score
Have to trust Hurley at this point. He recruits as much on character as he does talent, and builds rosters and teams. He’s not pulling together a collection of lottery picks. He has an ecosystem and culture and he sticks to it. This offseason is going to be a fascinating one as there will be some serious gaps, and he’ll have to find a way to fill that in the portal.

Reaction Score

@temery Really need a smh emoji

Reaction Score
Whether it was intentional, and part of a plan, is what we don't know. I just hate seeing Duke get every top level player.

Reaction Score
This sounds more like a sign of respect to me at least just the tweet out of context. "Only the best can get visits with UConn right now, they are focused on their mission of being the best of the best"

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If it takes a special kind of player to play at UConn and most don’t have what it takes how does the “wide net” approach make sense?

Reaction Score
If it takes a special kind of player to play at UConn and most don’t have what it takes how does the “wide net” approach make sense?
Because the ones that buy in are the kind of players we want. They hear Hurley's pitch and either sign up or bounce. There are enough kids like that to cast a wide net and then you whittle it down. Hard to whittle down three kids you go all in on.

Reaction Score
You left out defending national champions.
Yet another reason why we should be contacting search firms right now.
If we put out feelers early, we'll already have someone locked up when Michigan and Louisville come open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom