Durr ACC POY, Walz COY

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
upload_2018-2-28_11-11-39.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Muffett did an excellent job, especially considering the injuries. ND lost almost all their depth, but their starting 5 was still the most talented in the conference. I think the 100-67 game helped sway some voters to Jeff.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does the ACC still have 2 sets of awards—by the coaches and by the sportswriters? If so, the results could differ.

Reaction Score
Muffet did do an absolutely incredible job with the hand she was dealt. Of course, she also got a huge break on the transfer rule (a basketball insider told me: it's because Notre Dame is Notre Dame), but still, I believe that, far and away, she deserves the award.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Muffett did an excellent job, especially considering the injuries. ND lost almost all their depth, but their starting 5 was still the most talented in the conference. I think the 100-67 game helped sway some voters to Jeff.

I think you're right. The 33-point win over ND was the difference maker.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That game was a shocker. I haven’t seen ND that helpless since well before Skylar.

"I thought Louisville looked like the best team in the country today," McGraw said. "Asia Durr may be the best player in the country. We've played South Carolina and Connecticut and she is definitely a phenomenal, phenomenal guard."

COY
POY

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How the heck did Muffet not get coach of the year?
Well remember it is a Conference award. Louisville won the conference while beating Notre Dame badly. So there it is right there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"I thought Louisville looked like the best team in the country today," McGraw said. "Asia Durr may be the best player in the country. We've played South Carolina and Connecticut and she is definitely a phenomenal, phenomenal guard."

COY
POY
So Muffett influenced the vote against Arike and herself. That’s different from the usual. ;)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
How the heck did Muffet not get coach of the year?

Maybe because MM doesn't look so good in plaid shirts?

Of course, JW probably wouldn't look too good in red heels, either.

So I'll go with two coaches exceeding expectations (MM because of all the injuries, JW because Louisville preseason was ranked 9/10 by the two major polls), and give the tiebreaker to Jeff because of the head-to-head win over Notre Dame.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Priceless, rather than say my own team were embarrassing by not competing LMAO

She did say this: "We're probably not even going to watch this one. Just throw it away and start over. We're not going to learn a damn thing except we've got to play hard."

Durr scored 36 and shot 8-10 3FG. It would be pretty uncharitable not to praise her highly after such a performance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ahem. Won *a share* of the conference title :cool:.

Everyone wants to gloss over the fact that Louisville lost at home to Florida State. ND beat FSU by 31 in Tallahassee.
Who's ACC Tourney #1 seed? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
From the west coast, Durr and Brown are excellent players. I think Brown's game is more complete, given her awesome defense. I am also impressed at how Brown's offense has improved this year. Both studs, but from way over here on the west coast, I would have given the ACC POY award to Brown.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You get a trophy for that? Is Louisville going to hang a "ACC Tourney #1 seed" banner?
Orangutan-breath my fine colleague, breath deeply. The ACCT is getting started today and my money is on the Green Shamrock ☘️ to win it.

As I said, sometimes perception is everything and in this case, to the victor go the spoils, henceforth Durr is POY and Walz is COY. Earn retribution by beating them!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Durr and Walz. When you have so many talented players to choose from, and 2 terrific coaches, I can see where there would be differences of opinion. I'd have given the nod to McGraw based on what she's done with all the injuries - heck, she's got a final 4 caliber team in spite of one of her prize players (Turner) going down before the start of the season, and Mychal Johnson and Mikayla Vaughn also going down with similar injuries. Then Lilli Thompson also went down late December. YIKES!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom