Dunking with Drummond | The Boneyard

Dunking with Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andre Drummond will have more dunks this year than the whole team did last year. I'd be real curious to see if he hasn't surpassed last year's total already. Does anyone know where to find those numbers?

Reaction Score
FWIW, AD has 39 dunks this year. If you discount his other shots, he's shooting 100% from the field.

He canhave 0 dunks the rest of the way and could care less as long we raise another NC banner ...

Reaction Score
We should just throw it up for him every time... unless he gets fouled, how will any team stop that? bazz has a ton of 30 foot oops over that guy playing help d in the middle of the lane who just can't go up with Andre

Reaction Score
We should just throw it up for him every time... unless he gets fouled, how will any team stop that? bazz has a ton of 30 foot oops over that guy playing help d in the middle of the lane who just can't go up with Andre

The lost art of boxing out. Something our players need to do more often.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Bilas is very insightful. I really enjoy his commentary.

Agreed. Bilas is easily ESPNs best college bball analyst. That whole team with him and Raf and McDonough are the best.

I was actually almost bummed to be at the game, because I would have loved to have heard Bilas' commentary on the team.

ALMOST. :)

Reaction Score
The lost art of boxing out. Something our players need to do more often.
good point- I think Tyler does a decent job boxing, but AO and AD rarely box and rely on just trying to jump over people for the ball.... in AD's case, it can work sometimes... AO, wellllll that's a different story it seems

either way, you are correct that they all need to box out

and, drummond does seem to always be pulling himself up as he dunks but you guys and bilas are correct in that he's actually still going up when he puts it down

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Drummond's head is at rim level when he dunks.

I think that anytime the guards see he is not be being boxed out they should just lob it to him. Even if it fails sometimes it is still a much higher percentage play that Napier jacking up a desperate three as the shot clock is running out. This approach would also keep the defense honest by not allowing them to cheat on defense.

I agree with some other posts I've seen that if this team is going to reach it's full potential, Drummond needs to be the centerpiece of the offense and must touch the ball at least once on every possession. Even if they double him and he kicks it out to an open shooter (I hope AD works on making bounce passes because some of his high passes get a little scary..) it benefits the offense and if he can spin by his man or catch a lob for a dunk, even better.

The guards need to make a mental note to do this and good things will happen for both the team and themselves.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
At the rate hes converting his shots... he should actually still be seeing more looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom