Dumb question - my specialty: streaming vs. SNY | The Boneyard

Dumb question - my specialty: streaming vs. SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Read a whole lot on here in various threads re "streaming" of games, and I do have a gross lo-tek
understanding of that concept, I believe. BUT, it see this noted with specific reference to SNY streaming and for a fee sometimes; is it DEFINITE that we do have the option to watch Our Girls on regular old SNY right on our TV sets? And as part of our normal cable etc charge?????? I thought that was the case, but beginning to wonder; perhaps many of those comments relate to folks who don't get SNY on TV. But, even there, I had the impression that SNY was very wide spread in its availability, bec I remember several references to how it should aid in recruiting far away kids, as their families can see all the games???????????

Reaction Score
I do not get SNY and hope it is streamed on the UCONN site or somewhere?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It is broadcast on cable tv, for those who get sny, and is streamed online to you 'puter, i believe, throgh sny, also. Google sny uconn to find the page. It's abiut 60 bucks.

I'm not sure how the uconn streaming package differs...

Reaction Score
Phil,
Before you get too cranky, here's my understanding of the deal. SNY will stream the regular season games that ESPN and the other networks don't own, NOT the exhibition games. For those, you need the UConn site, where you can sign up for $9.95 a month. If you do, be sure to un-sign after this month, or else they will continue to charge you every month.

Reaction Score
It is broadcast on cable tv, for those who get sny, and is streamed online to you 'puter, i believe, throgh sny, also. Google sny uconn to find the page. It's abiut 60 bucks.

I'm not sure how the uconn streaming package differs...

THIS: (or anyone else who knows)......Yours seems the most clarifying answer thus far, and what I'm getting from what you are sending there is that the cable TV broadcast is entirely independent of/different from the "streamlining" stuff.........and the cable send is also free of costs in addition to your regular monthly cable bill?????????????? Mr. BadWrench

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Winlot... Streaming is "computer watching" mostly for those who live in areas that do not broadcast SNY on TV.

SNY on tv is mostly regular TV (cable) for most cable companies but also may be a part of a cable TV "sports package" (paid within your cable bill)

"Streaming" onto your computer is paid differently, has nothing to do with cable tv!

question for you: Do you have SNY on your cable TV lineup... if so, there no need to worry about "streaming".

If it not part of your cable tv line-up you may need to look into "streaming" if you want to watch "our girls".

Reaction Score
DADDY C - HEY, BEEN THINKING OF YOU AND WONDERING ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING AS I'VE NOT SEEN YOU ON HERE, IT SEEMS. IS EVERYTHING GOOD WITH YOUR HEALTH ETC?? PM WOULD BE FINE.

YOUR REPLY HERE DOES THE JOB FOR ME FOR SURE. WHAT I FIGGERED, BUT WITH ALL THAT FOCUS ON STREAMING, I WAS STARTING TO DOUBT MYSELF A BIT, DESPITE MY USUAL NSHO....;) GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE....THANK YOU AND STAY WELL.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
DADDY C - HEY, BEEN THINKING OF YOU AND WONDERING ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING AS I'VE NOT SEEN YOU ON HERE, IT SEEMS. IS EVERYTHING GOOD WITH YOUR HEALTH ETC?? PM WOULD BE FINE.

YOUR REPLY HERE DOES THE JOB FOR ME FOR SURE. WHAT I FIGGERED, BUT WITH ALL THAT FOCUS ON STREAMING, I WAS STARTING TO DOUBT MYSELF A BIT, DESPITE MY USUAL NSHO....;) GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE....THANK YOU AND STAY WELL.
Im great... thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25