Dukie V's Dazling Dozen Diaper Dandies | The Boneyard

Dukie V's Dazling Dozen Diaper Dandies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Also just realized this is the wrong board. Way to be UC :)

Reaction Score
Can a mod delete this? I'm apparently a der-der-derrrr

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I would but I only have mod powers on the baseball board. PM one of the football mods or the admins. They can just move the thread to the basketball board.

Reaction Score
Wait, "Solid passer", this is what we are looking for.

Is he from the west coast? He doesn't qualify unless he is from the west coast.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
what does that airbag know?

Reaction Score
Very good insight and thoughtful analysis. Lots of new information as well. He has done his research I see.

Reaction Score
Very good insight and thoughtful analysis. Lots of new information as well. He has done his research I see.

He really is the worst.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
He'll have a job for as long as he wants based on his personality alone.

Reaction Score
I've turned the volume of on games before because when he is at his worst he is plain awful.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I'm an admitted Dickie V. fan, maybe the only Husky fan on this board who is. I know he kisses Coach K's, Duke's, and INC's butts but I can deal with that. I just love his enthusiasm for college hoops and the energy he shows at his age. Especially growing up I really enjoyed the spectacle of the games he covered. Watching the ESPN games he covered in the '80's probably has a lot to do with me becoming a huge college hoops fan. I think a part of the problem is that he always covers the ACC games and rarely the Big East so this adds to the bias many see. I prefer his style to a lot of the others like Billy Packard who were just as biased but dull as watching paint dry. Just my opinion and others feel very differently I'm sure.

Reaction Score
I think a part of the problem is that he always covers the ACC games and rarely the Big East so this adds to the bias many see. I prefer his style to a lot of the others like Billy Packard who were just as biased but dull as watching paint dry. Just my opinion and others feel very differently I'm sure.

No, his bias isn't it. It is he never shuts the @# up during the games, ever. The better the game, the worse he is. He never lets the game be the main attraction, it has to be him with all his moronic sayings. If it's a great game with 5 minutes to go I always end up screaming "shut upppppppppp" at the TV.

The way he works Duke into every single game is just a secondary annoyance.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Ok, I can see that could be annoying to many fans. I guess he is to you what John Sterling and Susan Waldman from Yankee radio broadcasts are to me. I find myself having similar thoughts about them before changing the station.
No, his bias isn't it. It is he never shuts the @# up during the games, ever. The better the game, the worse he is. He never lets the game be the main attraction, it has to be him with all his moronic sayings. If it's a great game with 5 minutes to go I always end up screaming "shut upppppppppp" at the TV.

The way he works Duke into every single game is just a secondary annoyance.

Reaction Score
Ok, I can see that could be annoying to many fans. I guess he is to you what John Sterling and Susan Waldman from Yankee radio broadcasts are to me. I find myself having similar thoughts about them before changing the station.

Reaction Score

What are you trying to piss me off with announcers I have to listen to? Sterling and Waldman are the worst announcing team in the history of sports. Cablevision didn't carry YES the first year and to get Yankees I had to listen to them. I honestly will not even turn on the station to check the games when I am in the car because: 1) I would have to listen to them 2) They hardly ever tell the score (sometimes even at the end of innings) 3) If they are losing you will never hear the score, ever. You won't even know a game is on because they will talk about themselves.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

"An A-bomb for A-Rooood!"

Reaction Score
The Grandy-man cannnn!

Robbie Cano!! Dontcha know!!!

Huge Yanks fan, but I hate them both.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Teixeira's "Tex messages," the "Jeter jolts," and "Jorge juiced one!" I'm a sox fan and can't stand them both, but I do find Sterling's annoying home run calls rather amusing in an obnoxious, twisted way. I think he should call the home run derby every year, just so we can see how many different calls he'll come up with.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
ROGER CLEMENS IS IN GEORGE'S BOX!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
as a middle school kid i loved dickie v and his crazy antics but now as a thirty something he does wear on my nerves a bit. i can still sit through his broadcasts. the guy i find more annoying is chris berman. i cannot listen to another second of that idiot! every time i here him do highlight he does that loud @ss WOOOOOOP!!!! i just want to jab a screwdriver in my ear.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
as a middle school kid i loved dickie v and his crazy antics but now as a thirty something he does wear on my nerves a bit. i can still sit through his broadcasts. the guy i find more annoying is chris berman. i cannot listen to another second of that idiot! every time i here him do highlight he does that loud @ss WOOOOOOP!!!! i just want to jab a screwdriver in my ear.

The guy who grates my nerves more than anyone else in MCBB announcing is Mike Patrick. Literally sick to my stomach after listening to him do a game, especially an ACC contest.

Reaction Score
the guy i find more annoying is chris berman. i cannot listen to another second of that idiot! every time i here him do highlight he does that loud @ss WOOOOOOP!!!! i just want to jab a screwdriver in my ear.

I love Berman and his woop. Especially when he does that 2 minute drill going through all games played on Sunday. I guess to each their own. DV I respect but find a bit annoying at times, Berman I enjoy. Mike Patrick I detest. He's a chearleader, not an announcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom