Dukie and Me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dukie and Me

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No fair Googling.
No google. I’m pretty good at spotting trick questions. So i was right. Of course i was a kid when Babe played for the Sux. Ok my dad was.

Reaction Score
6 titles and counting is all i care about. There is nothing a dook fan can say to get under my skin. They can keep all the BSPN brown nosing and 5* burger boys ill take the titles.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll never forget being outside the Trop stuck next to an adnoidal Duke fan saying to me in my UConn shirt "You guys had a nice season but Duke is too much. Too much Elton Brand, too much Corey Magette, too much Coach K. Just too much" I relish grief from other fans. I can bury 'em all in an instant.

Reaction Score
No google. I’m pretty good at spotting trick questions. So i was right. Of course i was a kid when Babe played for the Sux. Ok my dad was.
I loved Gehrig too, maybe the most honest man in the history of professional sports, and there aren’t many. Still holds the record for career grand slams if discounting a jacked up ARod, breaking it by one.

Reaction Score
Try this one “name the only city besides New York to have had a subway series”?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does the city need to have a subway?

In 1906 the White Sox beat the Cubs. In 1944 the Cardinals beat the Browns.

Chicago and St St Louis each had both participants once.

Reaction Score
Duke fans can’t even admit that it’s not the same Duke that they fell in love with for the reasons they did. Back in the day their players all stayed 4 years and graduated. Now they are like most every other program using one and done players like crazy, their own players entering the portal in significant numbers, and rarely do their players stay for 4 years anymore. Many of the things that made them “special” aren’t in place there anymore.
Right. That was their whole shtick. They were supposed to be the golden boys who all graduated from a top university. I remember an article where Shane Battier was calling out Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry (?) about how they’ll never get to enjoy the experience of searching their couch cushions for spare change to buy a pizza. That was the example he used to talk down to high schoolers entering the draft to make millions instead of going to college. I wonder how he feels about NIL

Reaction Score
Does the city need to have a subway?

In 1906 the White Sox beat the Cubs. In 1944 the Cardinals beat the Browns.

Chicago and St St Louis each had both participants once.
Not really, so you are correct.

Reaction Score
Try this one, name the first sports figure to be on Wheaties boxes. No fair Googling, no one can guess this right the first time.

Reaction Score
I have noticed the same. Much of the ire Duke fans had towards our squad seemed to directed mostly to JC. I suppose that's far, most of my hatred for Duke was hatred for K. I always felt our guy had to come from further behind, but caught K. Seems like Dukies didn't like any hint that someone may be better than K. And the argument could be made with JC.
True ball knowers know Calhoun > K.

Although both are probably top 2

Reaction Score
The hatred for JC is likely the result of the 99 Huskies wiping out their season with the National Championship they'd been lead to believe was theirs for showing up.

When we went to the 99 Final Four we flew in on Saturday and while driving around we were listening to the "experts" on ESPN radio proclaiming Duke was so good their second team could probably win the Championship.

So when your fans, especially the easily the brain washed students, get the rug pulled out by the upstarts from UConn what else can you do but obsess over how unworthy they were and what a fluke it was to lose to these farmers from the hills of Connecticut...........
Coincidently in the mid ‘90’s, Christian Lattner’s backup Clay Buckley was working with us. Coming off a recent double national chip in ‘91-‘92, I asked him if he thought Jim Calhoun and UCONN would ever win a Natty. He was the nicest guy, but with deep conviction he said No. Calhoun didn’t have it. Everytime we have won our 6 chips, I take deep pleasure in recalling this conversation. Tempted to reach out and ask him “How do you like them apples”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom