OT: - Duke's coach McCallie takes leave of Absence for kidney treatment | The Boneyard

OT: Duke's coach McCallie takes leave of Absence for kidney treatment

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not an OT topic. Anything related to WCBB is not OT. Even stuff going on in the WNBA is not OT. Having said that, best wishes to McCallie for a speedy recovery.

"Duke women's basketball coach Joanne P. McCallie is taking a medical leave of about two months to have kidney treatment. The school says in a statement Monday she was diagnosed last November with the unspecified issue and will undergo short-term treatment."

I hope it's nothing serious. Kidney issues can be tricky and difficult. Get well soon JM!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I was a big (big) critic, but think she resurrected her coaching career
after being (rightly) called on the carpet.

Good on her.

Hope her recovery is smooth...at her best, she's just fine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Me and my big mouth! Asking forgiveness and wishing JPM a speedy recovery.
The forgiveness is for a post I made a few weeks back saying that Coach JPM was not looking healthy.

Reaction Score
Wish coach all the best.
My baby had a transplant and was back to work in 6 weeks.
Frankly, the worst time was the couple months of dialysis she had to endure before pre-scheduled surgery was done.
PS: I realize no one said such was going to be done but - dialysis - can make you look and feel pretty bad.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
As a fellow kidney-diseased person, I can only wish JPM the best of luck. The treatments for kidney disease range from fairly easy and doable early on, to rather awful later in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom