Duke v Miami | The Boneyard

Duke v Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Watching this mess I don't see Miami or Duke in the top 25. The most striking observation I have though is that I am convinced that Grayson Allen must be K's love child. Don't know who the missus is but those mutts are identical.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Watching this mess I don't see Miami or Duke in the top 25. The most striking observation I have though is that I am convinced that Grayson Allen must be K's love child. Don't know who the missus is but those mutts are identical.

What does UNC have to do with it?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Love it - Refs allow K to step way out of the box, interrupt play and listen to him complain for at least 45 seconds about an obvious call against Duke
Duke then gets the next 3 calls
Such BS

Reaction Score
Love it - Refs allow K to step way out of the box, interrupt play and listen to him complain for at least 45 seconds about an obvious call against Duke
Duke then gets the next 3 calls
Such BS
Everyone knows Duke gets the most calls but let's not pretend that we didn't use to have the master at working the refs, Calhoun would be out at center court.

Reaction Score
Oh my god that call is horrendous, that was an obvious continuation. Of course Vitale says it's the right call, what a joke.

Reaction Score
Larranaga's a hell of an offensive coach, and the way he's developed Jekiri over the last few years speaks volumes about the guy's ability to teach the game.

Reaction Score
Miami looks pretty good to me, really good offensive system. Duke plays no defense though.

Reaction Score
Larranaga's a hell of an offensive coach, and the way he's developed Jekiri over the last few years speaks volumes about the guy's ability to teach the game.

Jekiri makes me wish when I watch him...:oops:

Reaction Score
allen and the other balding white guard on duke both look like krzyzewski.

caught the second half -- not ashamed to say that i love brandon ingram's game, but this team sucks. would love to see them in the NIT.

Reaction Score
allen and the other balding white guard on duke both look like krzyzewski.

caught the second half -- not ashamed to say that i love brandon ingram's game, but this team sucks. would love to see them in the NIT.
Those commercials... is that Kennard and Allen or Coach K's kids? Honest question.

Reaction Score
I watched the last dozen minutes of the game, and can't agree with this. Vitale is a Duke homer and completely annoying, but I actually thought he spent more time talking about how good the Miami backcourt was than anything else.

Anyway, Duke lost. Bet K's back is going to start to act up.
Can't believe that was your takeaway, it was blatant how much he was cheering for Duke. As another poster pointed out he was so quickly defending some egregious calls that went against Miami, in addition to the constant gushing over Duke. It's gross when he does it during games Duke is winning, it's that much worse in their losses.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The fact that all of you notice the clear bias Dick Vitale shows to Duke for something like 30 years running now, as does the rest of the nation, while he continues to make $4 million+ Annually at ESPN, being one of their highest paid staff members, says all you need to know about this game. It leads to bias in the rankings, which leads to bias in seed selection, and regional game location (*cough* Greensboro). People who say rankings don't matter usually miss this part.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Hmmm other than being white, Kennard looks nothing like Allen or K... I'm not sure where that came from.

But Allen and K's grandkids, particularly the one, I genuinely thought it was Allen the first few times I saw that commercial.

Btw, he's a really good player. I'd take him every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom