Duke out on Bamba? | The Boneyard

Duke out on Bamba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They can play together and you can bet Duke won't stop recruiting him. The real question is if he is still considering them. This definitely isn't a bad thing for our chances though

Reaction Score
They can play together and you can bet Duke won't stop recruiting him. The real question is if he is still considering them. This definitely isn't a bad thing for our chances though

Yeah I hear ya, definitely helps our chances. Being an NYC kid hopefully he has strong family and friend ties at home and wants to remain close with a skip and jump over to Uconn. Praying he doesn't get big-headed and bow down to Calipari.

Reaction Score
I don't think our chances are great for whatever reason, just a hunch gut feeling.

But UK also has Nick Richards coming in. However nothing surprised me with UK commits.

I really hope we don't swing and miss on Richards, Bamba, and Diallo... That would really show we aren't ready to hang with the big boys just yet.

Bamba seems really quite intelligent. You have to think he's going to make the right decision for himself, whether that is UCONN or somewhere else. Good luck to the kid. He seems like a great guy

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
On 247, Finkelstein from ESPN said that Texas is the likely leader after he had a good visit there fairly recently. Would love to see UConn get an official visit.

Reaction Score
On 247, Finkelstein from ESPN said that Texas is the likely leader after he had a good visit there fairly recently. Would love to see UConn get an official visit.

wonder if Durant will reach out to him

Reaction Score
Isn't kevin Knox a duke lean as well? If Giles does end up sitting out no way they get all three....

Preston likely heads to Lawrence...bamba to Shaka would not be totally out of the question. Can't see him choosing huskies if they don't get an official visit out of him.

Reaction Score
Isn't kevin Knox a duke lean as well? If Giles does end up sitting out no way they get all three....

Preston likely heads to Lawrence...bamba to Shaka would not be totally out of the question. Can't see him choosing huskies if they don't get an official visit out of him.
If Giles sits out it's to stay healthy before the draft. He's a lottery pick this year and will not be at Duke next year regardless of if he plays.

I would say we're effectively out on Bamba. Maybe we will look Wooten's way more seriously now with Larrier and Diarra not being able to give minutes at the 4.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's more likely that Duke signs both Carter and Bamba than it is for us to sign any of our original top big man targets for this class.

Reaction Score
If Giles sits out it's to stay healthy before the draft. He's a lottery pick this year and will not be at Duke next year regardless of if he plays.

I would say we're effectively out on Bamba. Maybe we will look Wooten's way more seriously now with Larrier and Diarra not being able to give minutes at the 4.
We didn't make wootens top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog