Duke @ North Carolina St (9) - 1/03/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke @ North Carolina St (9) - 1/03/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How about a nice IPA from one of our famous Oregon Micro breweries?

I havent had a beer since 2004...... they didnt even have that kinda stuff back then (i dont think)

Reaction Score
I havent had a beer since 2004. they didnt even have that kinda stuff back then (i dont think)
Maybe not where you live, but the Microbrew craze started in the Pacific Northwest quite a few years ago.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Update on Grace Hunter: she was transported to Rex Hospital for an MRI; when I find out more, I will update it.

Very sad injury in a number of ways. She transferred to NC State to play in the ACC (she grew up in Raleigh) and was so super-excited to be facing Duke in her very first ACC game. In the pre-game festivities, she had been awarded a game ball for scoring 1000 points in her college career.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Still no official word on the state of Grace Hunter's injury...but she is definitely out for the rest of the season.

This is a big blow for NC State, coming on top of losing Kayla Ealey prior to the start of the season. What could have been if both of these talented young ladies had been able to play the entire year for the Wolfpack Women. Hopefully, some of the bench players will step up to provide the scoring in the wake of Hunter's absence.

Sort of ironic in a way. The only other time NC State started 14-0, in 1999-2000, the team was very young but with a highly-rated freshman class and anchored by senior Summer Erb. After Erb went down with a season-ending leg injury against UNC, the Wolfpack Women struggled to a 6-9 finish to the season and an opening round loss in the NCAAT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Still no official word on the state of Grace Hunter's injury...but she is definitely out for the rest of the season.
Just wondering: If there's been no official word, how do you know for certain that she's out for the season?

Reaction Score
While there is no official announcement on the severity of her injury at this point, Grace Hunter was carried off the court with 1:46 remaining in the matchup with her right leg immobilized. Hunter did not return in the game after going down hard on a layup attempt, keeping the Wolfpack from relishing the win on Thursday night during postgame.

If Hunter's injury does end up costing her time on the court, it would leave the Pack without its top scoring option at 14.6 points and second-leading rebounder with 6.9 rebounds per game. With State already losing starting point guard Kaila Ealey for the season due to injury.

Moore called the win "bittersweet" after the game and simply said of Hunter's injury that he didn't have any knowledge of the severity, but said it "didn't look good."

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Indeed, I didn't see the injury itself, but judging from the awful pain she was in, it would be a major surprise if it weren't a season-ending injury. This is an all-too-frequent occurrence in the women's game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom