Duke - Maryland tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke - Maryland tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"Charmed" implies that the media is overrating them.
AP has them #8.

Sagarin has them #6. So again, I ask, is Sagarin's computer being charmed as well?

I have no interest in Sagarin or any of the services, I virtually never check SOS or RPI my feeling on those are rather like Dobbs. Therefore I have no interest in them. I trust my eyes and how I see a team play on the court.

And yes, the video media raises Maryland as a FF team regularly, listen to the ESPN talking heads, the CBSSN talking heads, the Big Ten talking heads. I don't think they are that good a team and as I said I don't their are likely any better than 3,4, or5 in the ACC. presently after the loss I would have them at about 11. Feel free to disagree with me. My guessis that MD is gone in the round of 16 or 8 depending on who they play. No FF.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
"Charmed" implies that the media is overrating them.
AP has them #8.

Sagarin has them #6. So again, I ask, is Sagarin's computer being charmed as well?
MD seems to be one of those teams that is all over the place in the ratings services, possibly because of inconsistency or different metrics. The Terps are #6 in Sagarin and Moore, #10 in Massey, #19 in Nolan, and for the committee, #20 in RPI.

What it all means I have no idea, and thank gosh it is the committee that will have the thankless task of putting them likely somewhere between #2 and #5.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
MD seems to be one of those teams that is all over the place in the ratings services, possibly because of inconsistency or different metrics. The Terps are #6 in Sagarin and Moore, #10 in Massey, #19 in Nolan, and for the committee, #20 in RPI.

What it all means I have no idea, and thank gosh it is the committee that will have the thankless task of putting them likely somewhere between #2 and #5.
Thanks, Dobbs, I guess there are some folks whose calculations reflect what my eyes are seeing. I see a team with some flaws that will not take it deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom