Duke - Maryland tonight | The Boneyard

Duke - Maryland tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Important game for both teams. The winner stays on the second line and the loser probably drops to the third line. Will Duke drop yet another big game at home?

Reaction Score
Looks like two well-matched teams so far. 9-8 MD six minutes in. Lots of turnovers.

Reaction Score
Ended up watching more of Georgia Tech-ND. GT putting up a good fight.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Thank you Geno for not doing halftime cameras in locker room. Freise did not give me any good vibes. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Thank you Geno for not doing halftime cameras in locker room. Freise did not give me any good vibes. Sorry.
You know why they can't put a camera on Geno in the locker room. ;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Where has Malina Howard been?? Haven't seen her a couple games now??

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ms Jones,
my not fav point guard by any means,
is having a fine game.

Reaction Score
Nice game by Duke. Not so much by Maryland.

LOL Every time I ever get high on Maryland they go out there and have a performance like that. I need to learn my lesson.

Kara doesn't think Baylor deserves a 1. Would have Louisville and South Carolina right now because of Stanford's Washington loss.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Terps chuck up 71 shots to Duke's 56 and shoot 32% and 24% from 3.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
MD just isn't that good. For some reason the media seems overly charmed by them.

Thats why i find it so interesting that people have said for the past two years that MD is a better, tougher team than Duke.... yet Duke has beaten them all three meetings with ease.... by at least 15pts each time. Its all about matchups I guess.

Even with this loss..... Maryland looks to be no less than the #3 seed in the ACC tournament. They finish out with FSU, GaTech, Boston College, and VPI. That game in Atlanta could be tricky though.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm talking about the talking heads, not metrics.

My expectation in what I see watching them is MD finishes third or fourth maybe fifth in the ACC.

I see ND, Duke, and possibly NCState and/or UNC finishing ahead of them. That means they might not be in the top 10 in the country which they probably won't be next week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

My expectation in what I see watching them is MD finishes third or fourth maybe fifth in the ACC.

I see ND, Duke, and possibly NCState and/or UNC finishing ahead of them. That means they might not be in the top 10 in the country which they probably won't be next week.

Maryland scheduled one game against a ranked non-conference team. When the next vote is made they should be 22-5, and most of the voters will just look at the record. They might be ranked 10 or 11, depending on who else loses. Again, rankings are a popularity contest.

? Do Sagarin rankings factor in the score of a game ? is a one point loss, the same as a 21 point loss

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They have the easiest remaining schedule though.. Duke is 10-2 in conference play... with games vs Nc State... @ ND, and @ the tarheels. State is 9-3 with games left @Duke and home vs ND. UNC is 8-4 still has a tricky road game @ UVA... and @ ND then home vs Duke. At worse, MD will finish 11-5 in conference. They would hold the tiebreaker over the tarheels.... but Duke and NC State both hold the tiebreaker over MD.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Maryland scheduled one game against a ranked non-conference team. When the next vote is made they should be 22-5, and most of the voters will just look at the record. They might be ranked 10 or 11, depending on who else loses. Again, rankings are a popularity contest.

? Do Sagarin rankings factor in the score of a game ? is a one point loss, the same as a 21 point loss
I don't believe they are a popularity contest for the most part. Once the preseason polls are out, and those are just a baseline set by last years results, reputation, some analysis and some popularity.

Once set, it pretty much goes by the idea that you loss, you drop, you win you stay the same unless a team in front of you loses. Sometimes team have ugly losses or upset wins and the polls reflect bigger changes, teams dropping or rising several spots.

The voters just don't seem to put a lot of thought into it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They have the easiest remaining schedule though.. Duke is 10-2 in conference play... with games vs Nc State... @ ND, and @ the tarheels. State is 9-3 with games left @Duke and home vs ND. UNC is 8-4 still has a tricky road game @ UVA... and @ ND then home vs Duke. At worse, MD will finish 11-5 in conference. They would hold the tiebreaker over the tarheels.... but Duke and NC State both hold the tiebreaker over MD.
I wasn't talking in conference standings but that is an excellent point. I was simply speaking of how I would rate them on an S curve as a team or in the Top 25.

Reaction Score

"Charmed" implies that the media is overrating them.
AP has them #8.

Sagarin has them #6. So again, I ask, is Sagarin's computer being charmed as well?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
They have one amazing player, and I think this is what charms people. Computers, I don't know what charms them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom