Duke has some young guns for offense ... | The Boneyard

Duke has some young guns for offense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duke B&W scrimmage

Sophomores Tricia Liston and Haley Peters are looking good ... of course ... they ARE playing against Duke's defense ... Does the box score really say 46 turnovers?
"Elizabeth Williams and Amber Henson provided a strong presence inside, knocking down 13 points each, while Williams also grabbed a game-high nine rebounds." Williams is a gunner 6 of 19.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
EW should be very good for them. Based on the All-Star games, it seems is if she may shoot a lot. Let's see what kind of coaching she gets and what her shot selection is. If she shoots 6-19 against us, we win by 30--again.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
people dont' talk much about Henson - but she was a top 5 recruit IIRC at one time and i think ended up being in the top 10 when the final ratings came out. i think williams is going to be a superstar, but henson will be really good too. and their now sophomore class was top 3 along with UCONN and tennessee.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I expect them to be dangerous by tourney time, especially after EW gets some games under her. She's a very impressive player and will eventually be one of the best centers in the country. I would project 2nd to only Griner by next year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Duke's problem has never been a lack of talent.
agreed. but i think some of it is a bad matchup vs. UCONN. Duke and UNC lately simply do not matchup well with UCONN. i mean they don't get into the top 10 by beating nobody's. but while UNC likes to run and gun, UCONN does it better. Duke has relied more on defense to mask their lack of offense lately, but our defense is great, and they can't stop our offense. so those teams end up getting blown out. i don't really have scientific evidence of that, it is just my impression of the last several years of playing those 2 teams.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke B&W scrimmage

Sophomores Tricia Liston and Haley Peters are looking good ... of course ... they ARE playing against Duke's defense ... Does the box score really say 46 turnovers?
"Elizabeth Williams and Amber Henson provided a strong presence inside, knocking down 13 points each, while Williams also grabbed a game-high nine rebounds." Williams is a gunner 6 of 19.

The starting backcourt of Gray and Wells had 17 assists to only 4 turnovers... a pretty good percentage. Two freshman Henson and Johnson accounted for 33% of the turnovers. Our offense will be better than it has been the past 3-4 years (cant really get much worse). But we still are a very young team.... only 3 upperclassman.... and the returning players will be in new roles... and we have to integrate our talented freshman, and develop chemistry and cohesion.... but I think we have the potential to be a top 4 team by the end of the year. Watch out for Gray...... she is the leader of this team.... and a star in the making.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The starting backcourt of Gray and Wells had 17 assists to only 4 turnovers... a pretty good percentage. Two freshman Henson and Johnson accounted for 33% of the turnovers. Our offense will be better than it has been the past 3-4 years (cant really get much worse). But we still are a very young team.... only 3 upperclassman.... and the returning players will be in new roles... and we have to integrate our talented freshman, and develop chemistry and cohesion.... but I think we have the potential to be a top 4 team by the end of the year. Watch out for Gray...... she is the leader of this team.... and a star in the making.
Gray seems like an athletic, aggressive, and talented player. I think she definitely deferred to Jasmine last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom