Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His tweet isn’t clear but this is the deal:

Duke - Bryan Antoine primarily, maybe Lewis but they’ve backed off
Louisville - Igiehon, Gaffney
Florida - Scottie Lewis, Gaffney, Quinones
UConn - Achiuwa, Gaffney, Quinones
St John’s - Achiuwa, Quinones, Lewis, Gaffney, Igiehon
Michigan - Quinones (I think, but they haven’t offered anyone in this game)
Xavier - Gaffney
Seton Hall - Who cares, none of these guys are going to end up there

Duke isn’t really recruiting Achiuwa hard. This is a statement for Antoine. He’s their big guard target and supposedly a big time lean for Duke, which is why Kentucky and Nova have fallen back a bit chasing him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley be like

CoAgB.jpg

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Xavier - Gaffney

Duke isn’t really recruiting Achiuwa

That’s SH comment.... lmao

Reaction Score
If Duke wants Achiuwa they are getting him. I trust Hurley has a plan B, C, and D.

Reaction Score
Duke is 4 deep at his game:

A couple weeks back I was called a rocket scientist because I posted blue bloods where calling him(from what I was told).

He is a top talent and big boys are showing up . There is still a long road on his recruitment

Reaction Score
A couple weeks back I was called a rocket scientist because I posted blue bloods where calling him(from what I was told).

He is a top talent and big boys are showing up . There is still a long road on his recruitment
We were just calling you on pointing out the obvious, it was a bit Chief-like.

Reaction Score

Looks like Michigan was indeed there for Quinones, who absolutely went off by the way.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oh Duke is involved? I guess that recruitment that was long "wide open" isn't so open anymore. It always seems our top targets are still "wide open"... until they aren't.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not really, he’s getting interest. Even Quinones is.
That title would lead you to believe Achiuwa stated Duke was getting involved. When clearly their priority is Antione. Not a big deal, but just saying.

Reaction Score
That title would lead you to believe Achiuwa stated Duke was getting involved. When clearly their priority is Antione. Not a big deal, but just saying.
Exactly. It’s like if Central was recruiting a guy on the end of their bench. And Centrals message board claimed duke was getting involved with their recruit. Just because K was there doesn’t mean he was there for Achiuwa

Reaction Score
Oh Duke is involved? I guess that recruitment that was long "wide open" isn't so open anymore. It always seems our top targets are still "wide open"... until they aren't.

People were claiming that he in fact was not wide open, and for evidence they stated that the big schools were not looking at Precious because he was assumed to be a heavy UConn lean. This was silly to me for a different reason.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
People were claiming that he in fact was not wide open, and for evidence they stated that the big schools were not looking at Precious because he was assumed to be a heavy UConn lean. This was silly to me for a different reason.
It's really not that hard to figure out. Guys with leverage and value as prospects don't want to commit to something unproven, on unstable ground, not a sure thing. The fact is there are many safer picks for recruits who have millions of dollars potentially in the future with a pro career on the line. These top recruits don't want the career trajectories of Daniel Hamiltons and Jalen Adams' of the world, they want to be Jayson Tatum and Anthony Davis. This pains me to say so.

Reaction Score
It's really not that hard to figure out. Guys with leverage and value as prospects don't want to commit to something unproven, on unstable ground, not a sure thing. The fact is there are many safer picks for recruits who have millions of dollars potentially in the future with a pro career on the line. These top recruits don't want the career trajectories of Daniel Hamiltons and Jalen Adams' of the world, they want to be Jayson Tatum and Anthony Davis. This pains me to say so.

lol. I guess it really is hard to figure out, with that bizarre comment.

Hurley is far from unproven. He's performed miracles at places that were off the beaten map... (aka places that didn't win a Natty less than a handful of years ago...)

I suspect that is why the Crystal Ball is so far slanted towards UConn.

C

Chief00

Xavier - Gaffney

Duke isn’t really recruiting Achiuwa hard. This is a statement for Antoine. He’s their big guard target and supposedly a big time lean for Duke, which is why Kentucky and Nova have fallen back a bit chasing him.
When you analyze it - our key competitor for our priority recruits is St. John’s.

I will repeat again - our staff is working really hard. On our key targets, you will no longer hear from a key recruiting targets that some other school is working harder.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Don’t be a rear view mirror guy - the best stock picks are forward looking!

#ChiefConfirmed
#CasualFan Trademark

Reaction Score

I disagree with a lot of what you say, but this is spot on, I was attacked yesterday or the day b4 for writing that Bouknight might be as good as it gets for this recruiting cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom