Duke Game Bus Trip/Tailgate/Tickets | The Boneyard

Duke Game Bus Trip/Tailgate/Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone-
New poster here from the football board- I've put together several bus trips for UConn football (Notre Dame, Michigan, Rutgers, Maryland) and group hotel blocks (same plus Fiesta, PapaJohn's and Meineke Bowls).

Several people on my bus trip to Yankee Stadium for the Army game this weekend (we had 195 passengers on 4 buses) asked me to put together a Duke/UConn basketball trip to the IZOD Center on December 18th- while I can't manage it myself since I already had a work commitment to meet with some colleagues for dinner and the game, my friends at EasySeat put something together. For now, their buses are leaving from Cromwell and Milford- they will add to that as needed and demand warrants.

You can use the links below to order any of their packages. Please use these links in this post so I get credit for referring you to them- I am not marking these up at all so it doesn't cost you anything extra and puts a few dollars in my new business's pocket.

Bus & Tailgate- $69/person (supply your own ticket)
Upper Level Ticket, Bus and Tailgate- $129/person
Lower Level Ticket Behind Basket, Bus and Tailgate- $159/person
Lower Level Ticket Between Baskets, Bus and Tailgate- $199/person

Feel free to let me know if you want me to put any other trips together- more than happy to provide somewhere for Husky fans to get together! Visit my website at www.cfbtravel.com and sign up for the mailing list to be notified of future basketball or football bus trips, hotel blocks, group tickets, etc.!
-Ryan

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is really a great service
Can this be an ongoing service for other big games/tournaments?
Thanks

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
where is there to tailgate? meet a bar? are there bars nearby? where do we eat and drink before hand? so many questions!

Reaction Score
where is there to tailgate? meet a bar? are there bars nearby? where do we eat and drink before hand? so many questions!

There's strip club - Stiletto's - across the street - 1 mile away

Whoever agreed to the Meadowlands ought to be shot.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I won tickets through easy seat for the army game. Really enjoyed the day, thinking of doing this.

Reaction Score
This is really a great service
Can this be an ongoing service for other big games/tournaments?
Thanks
That's the plan- I met up with the owner of EasySeat when we both were putting together a package for the Army football game and we're going to partner up on more of these. My goal long term is to do certain away and tournament games for basketball and football- bus trips, hotels and group tickets. It's a little harder to do for basketball (especially tournaments) but ultimately I just want to give Husky fans a place to get together- in Phoenix we had an entire hotel of UConn fans for the Fiesta Bowl for a dirt cheap $75/night.

As far as details, the bus will leave Cromwell at 2:30pm, get to IZOD at 5pm, you'll have a spread of Moe's Southwest Grill food at a place TBD (I'm sure inside the IZOD Center- EasySeat is a University Sponsor so they probably have something set aside) and estimated return time is 11pm.

Behind the basket tickets are sections 109 or 110, upper level are 215 thru 219 and between the baskets are 111-117. I'll have a post with more details on my website hopefully later this weekend but wanted to get this out there so people could start talking about it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I missed out on the Phalen Express for UConn vs. Army but EasySeat bus and tailgate was great (I sat in front of Ryan at the game to make up for it. :) )

Anyway - if you like the idea of all you can eat Moe's Southwest - both in transit, and officially once we are there - you'll be a-ok. Non alcoholic beverages and assorted snacks too, booze is BYOB. We booked them for the Duke game the day after we got back from the Army game. Two thumbs up.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
bump

Has anyone used these guys before?

Any reason why the busses leave from those 2 particular locations?

Reaction Score
bump

Has anyone used these guys before?

Any reason why the busses leave from those 2 particular locations?

Haven't used them before personally but they were great partners at the Army tailgate we did- had over 150 people there on the three buses they ran for that (on top of my four). They'll run at least two buses down to the Duke game.

The location of the pickup is based on historical trips- most of the demand for the bus trips that both of us have run is on that side of the state. For the Army bus, the Manchester, Cromwell and West Farms stops were over 75% of the group.

Reaction Score
As an update, the bus will leave from Cromwell at 2:30 pm- I don't have the Milford time since, as of right now, no one has expressed interest in it, but it's still on the bus itinerary and would likely be about 45min- an hour after the Cromwell stop. The bus will arrive at the IZOD Center at 5:00 pm for the tailgate party before tip-off at 8:00 pm. Estimated return time is approximately 11:00 PM, but will vary based on the actual game duration. Bus will depart 30 minutes after the game has completed.

Tickets will be shipped before- note that they haven't gotten their tickets yet (just like I haven't- I ordered in early September before I knew about this).

Reaction Score
Everyone-
New poster here from the football board- I've put together several bus trips for UConn football (Notre Dame, Michigan, Rutgers, Maryland) and group hotel blocks (same plus Fiesta, PapaJohn's and Meineke Bowls).

Several people on my bus trip to Yankee Stadium for the Army game this weekend (we had 195 passengers on 4 buses) asked me to put together a Duke/UConn basketball trip to the IZOD Center on December 18th- while I can't manage it myself since I already had a work commitment to meet with some colleagues for dinner and the game, my friends at EasySeat put something together. For now, their buses are leaving from Cromwell and Milford- they will add to that as needed and demand warrants.

You can use the links below to order any of their packages. Please use these links in this post so I get credit for referring you to them- I am not marking these up at all so it doesn't cost you anything extra and puts a few dollars in my new business's pocket.

Bus & Tailgate- $69/person (supply your own ticket)
Upper Level Ticket, Bus and Tailgate- $129/person
Lower Level Ticket Behind Basket, Bus and Tailgate- $159/person
Lower Level Ticket Between Baskets, Bus and Tailgate- $199/person

Feel free to let me know if you want me to put any other trips together- more than happy to provide somewhere for Husky fans to get together! Visit my website at www.cfbtravel.com and sign up for the mailing list to be notified of future basketball or football bus trips, hotel blocks, group tickets, etc.!
-Ryan

Is there any going rate for a one way trip down?

Assuming no... I have a ride back on the Saturday following the game, so I probably won't participate in this... But if anyone knows of a bus that travels to either NYC, Hoboken or near the Izod center, let me know. Just need to get to the area and have the rest figured out. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Plenty of spots left, bcisco

Caronimo- not aware of any one-ways but you can reach out to them to ask and just make sure they mark me down as the referral if you end up buying :). Also, depending what time you want to head down I may be able to pick you up- I'm heading down for a work dinner meeting before the game from Avon.

Reaction Score
Clarification on Milford- the stop is still planned and scheduled. They will be sending out a survey to all buyers to confirm their pickup location within the next week.

Reaction Score
Still room on the bus and tickets for sale- please use my links when you buy so I get credit for the sale!

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score

The parking pass that I purchased with my tickets say No Tailgating but who knows how strictly enforced that will be. I planned on getting there early and the overall doors open at 6:30 but if you wanna get a bite to eat and some drinks earlier this place is open at 6:

STOP BY THE WINNERS CLUB & ENJOY DRINKS BEFORE THE GAME! The Winners Club restaurant will be open for drink service to ticketholders at 6:00 PM. The Winners Club is located at the IZOD Center between gates C and D and is easily accessible to the arena seating area. Patrons must have event ticket for entry.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The parking pass that I purchased with my tickets say No Tailgating but who knows how strictly enforced that will be. I planned on getting there early and the overall doors open at 6:30 but if you wanna get a bite to eat and some drinks earlier this place is open at 6:

STOP BY THE WINNERS CLUB & ENJOY DRINKS BEFORE THE GAME! The Winners Club restaurant will be open for drink service to ticketholders at 6:00 PM. The Winners Club is located at the IZOD Center between gates C and D and is easily accessible to the arena seating area. Patrons must have event ticket for entry.

Thanks for the info.

And just a word of warning to those driving and parking ... They have a parking garage for the main parking - if you don't park early enough you may end up up high. I had an experience previously (although it was a sold-out concert at Izod center), where we parked on the very top and it took 40+ minutes to get out. So if you can, get there early.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info.

And just a word of warning to those driving and parking ... They have a parking garage for the main parking - if you don't park early enough you may end up up high. I had an experience previously (although it was a sold-out concert at Izod center), where we parked on the very top and it took 40+ minutes to get out. So if you can, get there early.
Thanks. Is the winners club the only place to eat and drink before the game? I remember someone saying hat there's no bars or restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom