Duke Football Home and Home Announced | The Boneyard

Duke Football Home and Home Announced

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This gives us three ACC games on the docket for 2023 (NC State at home, BC on the road), meanwhile this is our first 2024 game added to the schedule.

If this holds true, looks like in 2023 we wont be leaving New England for our OOC schedule as the fourth game is sure to be a home game vs an FCS opponent.

Future UConn Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The last home and home with them we should have lost the game at the Rent...down by two points they missed a 36 yard FG with time expiring in the 4Q. The game in Durham we beat them pretty badly, something like 45-14. That was Tyler Lorenzen's first game as our QB. DJ Hernandez had a good afternoon at WR. We were at both of those games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now let’s get really greedy and announce a basketball series with them next
If we did it at MSG, Barkley's or the Meadowlands they'd probably be in.

Reaction Score
Now I'd love to see a home and home with another Huskies team... Washington...I'd love to see a West coast team...

That said, thanks AD David Benedict...

UConnNick

Reaction Score
If we did it at MSG, Barkley's or the Meadowlands they'd probably be in.

That's like giving them two away games, or at best, one away and one neutral court game. I wouldn't agree unless they give us a home game in Hartford. One at Cameron, one in Hartford and one in the NYC area, maybe Newark, would be a good deal.

We have done one game with them in the NYC area in the past, which is fine if they won't agree to a home-and-home. I think those were in preseason tourneys or for charity. One year in the mid 1990's we did that in Chicago with them. Ratface coached that game but not too long after he left the team, allegedly due to back issues, and they ended up having a losing season. It's kinda funny that not once have there been any stories about him having back problems ever since.

We only played them once on campus, at Cameron in the mid 1970's. They've never played us in the state of CT. That should change.

Reaction Score
That's like giving them two away games, or at best, one away and one neutral court game. I wouldn't agree unless they give us a home game in Hartford. One at Cameron, one in Hartford and one in the NYC area, maybe Newark, would be a good deal.

We have done one game with them in the NYC area in the past, which is fine if they won't agree to a home-and-home. I think those were in preseason tourneys or for charity. One year in the mid 1990's we did that in Chicago with them. Ratface coached that game but not too long after he left the team, allegedly due to back issues, and they ended up having a losing season. It's kinda funny that not once have there been any stories about him having back problems ever since.

We only played them once on campus, at Cameron in the mid 1970's. They've never played us in the state of CT. That should change.

It would be great if it changed, but they refused to come here when Calhoun was here and our profile was highest so I don't see why it would happen now

UConnNick

Reaction Score
It would be great if it changed, but they refused to come here when Calhoun was here and our profile was highest so I don't see why it would happen now

I wonder if Herbst had anything to do with getting the football series. I suppose it's unlikely, given that we've never scheduled them in football or men's BB, only women's BB a couple of times since she's been here. She still has contacts there, so it can only happen for another month and a half if she has any influence left.

It certainly seems odd if they're still dodging us, considering it would have been virtually two guaranteed wins for them in recent years, and they supposedly voted in favor of us joining the ACC.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I wonder if Herbst had anything to do with getting the football series. I suppose it's unlikely, given that we've never scheduled them in football or men's BB, only women's BB a couple of times since she's been here. She still has contacts there, so it can only happen for another month and a half if she has any influence left.

It certainly seems odd if they're still dodging us, considering it would have been virtually two guaranteed wins for them in recent years, and they supposedly voted in favor of us joining the ACC.

They're not dodging anyone. They simply don't play true road OOC games that aren't part of a conference contract, with the exception of St John's, to obvious benefit.

Reaction Score
The last home and home with them we should have lost the game at the Rent...down by two points they missed a 36 yard FG with time expiring in the 4Q. The game in Durham we beat them pretty badly, something like 45-14. That was Tyler Lorenzen's first game as our QB. DJ Hernandez had a good afternoon at WR. We were at both of those games.
I was at the Durham game as well. That was the day Appalachian State beat Michigan. Good times, good times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom