DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
During the last four years from HoopGurlz, Duke's recruits have included:
2011: #2, #20
2012: #3
2013: #6, #10, #32
2014: #9, #16, #23 (Azura Stevens)

I know the Devils have had injuries and transfers, but with that kind of talent coming in there's no way they can lose to a team like BC. I'll cut them some slack on that 31-point loss to a mid major however, because ACC have a tough time not disrespecting AAC teams.

So Duke is outscored 39-6 from the arc and dominates the FT line by 18-3. Guess I'll take the 3's.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are they?
When Alexis jones transferred, they were a team with no guards and I think most people expected them to struggle this year, particularly against a brutal schedule. I actually was impressed with how they had held up before yesterday's game. This is a team that really should've beaten the #1 team.

This was really the first totally unexpected loss of the season. @TAMU and @Nebraska (without an injured EW), @ UCONN, @FSU, and of course the loss to South Carolina.

Reaction Score
So Duke is outscored 39-6 from the arc and dominates the FT line by 18-3. Guess I'll take the 3's.
Pretty much Coach P's conclusion: "We had 3 players in double figures, they had 3 players in double figures. We didn't have anybody step up and they didn't have anybody step up. They just made more threes."

HGN

Reaction Score
Are they?
When Alexis jones transferred, they were a team with no guards and I think most people expected them to struggle this year, particularly against a brutal schedule. I actually was impressed with how they had held up before yesterday's game. This is a team that really should've beaten the #1 team.
Vowel, its just like I said . Catch them on an Up night and they an play with anybody.... I agree with you , they indeed should have beaten USC that night.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Pretty much Coach P's conclusion: "We had 3 players in double figures, they had 3 players in double figures. We didn't have anybody step up and they didn't have anybody step up. They just made more threes."

So she confirms her dullard's cunning! Translation if you read it fast. It was an off night for both of us, they were just a little bit luckier. 'Course the score based on two teams with 3 people in double figures could be 3x99=297 to 30! Prevaricator and sophist of the first water: that's Coach P.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Over on the Devil's Den they are getting rabid about McCallie's insistence on playing a tight zone while opponents feast on threes. They also like her throwing her players under the bus after every loss even less than we do.

Reaction Score
Over on the Devil's Den they are getting rabid about McCallie's insistence on playing a tight zone while opponents feast on threes. They also like her throwing her players under the bus after every loss even less than we do.
The "Coach P's Future at Duke University" thread is an entertaining read. "Rabid" is a relative term, I guess. Theirs is a "civilized" rabid (compared to "Knoxville" rabid).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One of many differences between Duke University and U Tenn.

Keeping with your theme, I wonder if Duke would be happier applying for admission to the Ivy League? I had lots a classmates in the League who went on to make excellent waiters and waitresses. And that's not a slam on Duke. I've never met a Tenn waiter who could pour a decent cup of coffee.

Reaction Score
Here's a link to the post game press conference video.

JPM starts out saying it was a poor performance especially on leadership and defense. I stopped listening after a short while but it seemed like more of the same, calling opponents by number and talking about lessons.
Really mystifying to say the least. Calling players by numbers as she does is something of a middle school coach. Very condescending to say the least. OK in practice as the players do have to recognize numbers first.
It happens on occassion to the best of us but coming from the head coach of a so called school of higher education who considers themselves in the elite category, in the presser she drops the ball.
One has to wonder when blaming a loss on leadership, does she not realize that is the sign on her desk? Did not sound that way...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Really mystifying to say the least. Calling players by numbers as she does is something of a middle school coach. Very condescending to say the least. OK in practice as the players do have to recognize numbers first.
It happens on occassion to the best of us but coming from the head coach of a so called school of higher education who considers themselves in the elite category, in the presser she drops the ball.
One has to wonder when blaming a loss on leadership, does she not realize that is the sign on her desk? Did not sound that way...

Well, Woof, welcome to the world on Coach P.... Every time she opens her mouth she embarrasses her university and every hard working, half intelligent coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom