Duke ESPN | The Boneyard

Duke ESPN

Reaction Score
I didnt realize Duke was on last night anyone get to see it? Seems Barrett and Zion put on a show vs Ryerson of Canada (for Barrett) whoever they may be.

How many other teams jump out of the country to play a 3 game series vs teams from chosen countries? How many times does ESPN chase them around to not only televise the games but also tape all access shows relating to the trip?

ESPN once again a joke and a recruiting tool for Coach K not sure how it’s allowed.....oh maybe because Emmerett runs the circus.lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didnt realize Duke was on last night anyone get to see it. Seems Barrett and Zion put on a show vs Ryerson whoever they may be.

How many other teams jump out of the country to play a 3 game series vs teams from chosen countries? How many times does ESPN chase them around to not only the games but all access shows relating to the trip?

ESPN once again a joke and a recruiting tool for Coach K not sure how it’s allowed.....oh maybe because Emmerett runs the circus.lol
Cannot help but think Emmerett is going to screw us again right as 2019 recruits are arriving at decision time for whatever he who shall not be named may have done.

Reaction Score
Dook is college basketball`s New England Patriots, been like that for years. UK was also spotlighted recently. When k retires, perhaps it will change. Just have to wait, and until then enjoy the fact that UConn is was their kryptonite.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Dook is college basketball`s New England Patriots, been like that for years. UK was also spotlighted recently. When k retires, perhaps it will change. Just have to wait, and until then enjoy the fact that UConn is was their kryptonite.

Yup. the same rules don’t apply to duke as everyone else.

But also unc and much st as well.

Mich st could stab a guy on the floor and not get a foul called on them. I’m still bitter Walton didn’t get ejected in that 09 FF game for tying to incite a riot.

Reaction Score
The tv thing is different, but lots of teams do foreign trips. Programs are allowed to take one every four years.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Why don’t we ever do these foreign trips? Seems like a good way to get an assessment of your team and get some exposure.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Zion Williamson is really something else. Haven’t seen a player come out of high school who plays this aggressively violent in a while. The finesse Duke program of yesteryear is long gone.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hate it. Truly do. But at the same time, the media has to promote their known quantities, the bread and butter. That's how they make money. They do it in all sports, NBD in pro sports.

With college sports though, there's supposed to be a more even playing field what with the whole recruiting/scholar athlete thing. Doesn't stop CFB from pushing the OSUs, NDs, Alabama's of the world...

Reaction Score
Why don’t we ever do these foreign trips? Seems like a good way to get an assessment of your team and get some exposure.

Rhode Island did two (Italy, Bahamas) when Hurley was there, so maybe it’s something they’ll do in the future?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If Duke doesn’t find a way to win this year, then what? I mean - top 3 recruits of this class and Zion is an absolute freak of nature. Haven’t seen something like that kid since high school Lebron.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The tv thing is different, but lots of teams do foreign trips. Programs are allowed to take one every four years.

I know that my point was how many other teams had all of their games televised by ESPN as well as all access stuff every night about their kids and recruits? Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Zion Williamson is really something else. Haven’t seen a player come out of high school who plays this aggressively violent in a while. The finesse Duke program of yesteryear is long gone.
Julius Randle is sort of like that, even in the NBA

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to the Michigan story and how Emmeret knew about those cases of sexual abuse and didnt do anything about it?

Reaction Score
Yup. the same rules don’t apply to duke as everyone else.

But also unc and much st as well.

Mich st could stab a guy on the floor and not get a foul called on them. I’m still bitter Walton didn’t get ejected in that 09 FF game for tying to incite a riot.

I don't remember this play. Clip?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

You get them every 4 years. We'll take one soon.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We've done them. Calhoun got bit in the ass by a camel on a middle east trip. He doesn't like camels.

Referees = camels.

I never heard that one. Made me LOL in a cafe.

Woulda paid good money to see JC spin around and punch it in the nose.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I never heard that one. Made me LOL in a cafe.

Woulda paid good money to see JC spin around and it in the nose.

He recounts that incident in his book "Dare To Dream". I think that team trip was the summer before our first NC season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If Duke doesn’t find a way to win this year, then what? I mean - top 3 recruits of this class and Zion is an absolute freak of nature. Haven’t seen something like that kid since high school Lebron.
I don't care how many NCs Dook and Kensucky have won - they are the most underachieving teams in terms of NCs of the last 20 years based on talent
JC would have won a dozen NCs with all those kids

Reaction Score
I don't care how many NCs Dook and Kensucky have won - they are the most underachieving teams in terms of NCs of the last 20 years based on talent
JC would have won a dozen NCs with all those kids
This is what we all know and gnaws at our gut as we try to fill in major holes. Those teams have players who start for us but can’t get on the floor for them (and then end up transferring). banking on Hurley to change this.

Reaction Score
This is what we all know and gnaws at our gut as we try to fill in major holes. Those teams have players who start for us but can’t get on the floor for them (and then end up transferring). banking on Hurley to change this.

No one can change that it's been that way forever especially Duke. I just hope he gets solid kids, players back in to the program and that seems to be heading in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Isnt he bigger than Lebron was at this age? Kid is like 280 at 6`7 but carries it will. Thats just crazy! Freak is a perfect description.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom