Duke Dismisses Sulaimon | The Boneyard

Duke Dismisses Sulaimon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
"It was an accumulation of a whole lot of residue," one source close to the Duke program told ESPN's Jeff Goodman. "It had built up over time.

"His talent does not outweigh his issues."

I would bet a Pepe's pizza and a date with Andre Drummond that if Sulaimon was averaging 17.5 ppg instead of 7.5 ppg, his talent would outweigh his issues.

How can you not take any disciplinary action and then say, well that's it, you're gone, for that all other stuff you did. I suppose I'll give K credit for excising a cancer even though he's a pretty good player, but if Sulaimon's prior transgressions were bad, why wasn't he ever suspended? Weird story.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-blue-devils-dismiss-junior-rasheed-sulaimon

(And yes, if he could play next year, I'd take him...)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess when you lose a few games, gotta place the heat off you/the team and on to someone else.
At least if K needs a job, the current administration in DC has a place for him.
In all seriousness, I agree, something doesn't pass the smell test here.
And the coverage is overwhelming - makes it sound like this is a novelty in college coaching and another milestone for the guy - he dismissed a malcontent.
I wonder if KO did that to, say RP, TSam or SCass Jr - would that be rolling all night on ESPN?

Reaction Score
He had issues last season. He got suspended early and really didn't play much all year until the end of the season.

I'm just happy it helps my wahoos on saturday

Reaction Score
I believe every kid deserves a second chance, send him to a shrink and then put a UConn uniform on him. Maybe we can get one good season out of him, he averaged like 12ppg his frosh year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wonder if KO did that to, say RP, TSam or SCass Jr - would that be rolling all night on ESPN?

Pretty sure the BY would spontaneously combust.

Reaction Score
He'll certainly have options. I would assume most of the Texas schools will be on him, if he elects not to try to go pro.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Ive always been a fan of this kid. I would love to be in the conversation to get him... He def has that shooters mentality similar to Rashad, where he thinks that he can make any shot and if he misses 10 in a row it wont cause him to hesitate on the next shot.. Which isnt a good thing really but I do like this kid. I think he was very frustrated with playing time at duke... He could save them by coming off the bench and going for 20+ and K still wouldnt think to up his minutes...

caw

Reaction Score
"It was an accumulation of a whole lot of residue," one source close to the Duke program told ESPN's Jeff Goodman. "It had built up over time.

"His talent does not outweigh his issues."

I would bet a Pepe's pizza and a date with Andre Drummond that if Sulaimon was averaging 17.5 ppg instead of 7.5 ppg, his talent would outweigh his issues.

How can you not take any disciplinary action and then say, well that's it, you're gone, for that all other stuff you did. I suppose I'll give K credit for excising a cancer even though he's a pretty good player, but if Sulaimon's prior transgressions were bad, why wasn't he ever suspended? Weird story.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-blue-devils-dismiss-junior-rasheed-sulaimon

(And yes, if he could play next year, I'd take him...)

There is the possibility he had minor issues and just had a major one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom