Duke Attendance | The Boneyard

Duke Attendance

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, while doing my usual meandering during a boring conference call at work today, I found a curious and confusing set of statistics: I saw that Duke's 2023 attendance is half or 50% of what it was last year! To add further insult to injury, they are averaging 50% of North Carolina's attendance!

I did more digging to see how other top programs are doing and the usual leading suspects are doing fine. One, Iowa, is traditionally an attendance leader but has jumped by 2K in fans this year due to Caitlin. The other two big board leaders are LSU and Indiana. The 3 decreasing programs are Oregon, Baylor and Duke. The "dead cat bounce" school is ND who in 2020 had 7,681 fans only to fall to 5,005 in 2022 and have only slightly rebounded to 5,282 this year. @triaddukefan and @CamrnCrz1974 need to start making calls to friends and family to get them to show up. Here's the snapshot.
WCBB Attend 2023.png

Reaction Score
So, while doing my usual meandering during a boring conference call at work today, I found a curious and confusing set of statistics: I saw that Duke's 2023 attendance is half or 50% of what it was last year! To add further insult to injury, they are averaging 50% of North Carolina's attendance!

I did more digging to see how other top programs are doing and the usual leading suspects are doing fine. One, Iowa, is traditionally an attendance leader but has jumped by 2K in fans this year due to Caitlin. The other two big board leaders are LSU and Indiana. The 3 decreasing programs are Oregon, Baylor and Duke. The "dead cat bounce" school is ND who in 2020 had 7,681 fans only to fall to 5,005 in 2022 and have only slightly rebounded to 5,282 this year. @triaddukefan and @CamrnCrz1974 need to start making calls to friends and family to get them to show up. Here's the snapshot.
View attachment 83864
I'm shocked by the drop off for Duke. Would have thought the opposite with the hype around players like Day-Wilson and Taylor.

Reaction Score
Did you find this on ncaa site? Your posting got me curious about a few other schools.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Did you find this on ncaa site? Your posting got me curious about a few other schools.
The NCAA only publishes attendance after the season so I go on all the school sites with their stats and pull down the game attendance when I also pull down the player stats.

Reaction Score

View attachment 83864
At 2015 Championship, we moved down to empty seats in So Car seats due to the team losing in semifinals, and spoke with So Car athletic member. Price of season tickets for a family of 4 was $150.00. Basically, the university was almost giving tickets away to fill stadium. Good marketing move, but skews attendance records in MHO.

Reaction Score
At 2015 Championship, we moved down to empty seats in So Car seats due to the team losing in semifinals, and spoke with So Car athletic member. Price of season tickets for a family of 4 was $150.00. Basically, the university was almost giving tickets away to fill stadium. Good marketing move, but skews attendance records in MHO.
People weren’t flocking to be “given’ those tickets before Dawn and into her early couple seasons as the coach. Parking was free as well. Those days are long gone. As the fan base has grown, so has the pricing for both.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Perhaps, Dukes can find a way to blame the low attendence on coach P.
Wait, are they playing at the Men’s arena and sitting in Men’s seats? I see the problem now, they need "Women's seating"….:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Does this include all NCAA D1 schools? If that is the case and if Duke is at 1544, what does that say about the Big East schools.

Reaction Score
Does this include all NCAA D1 schools? If that is the case and if Duke is at 1544, what does that say about the Big East schools.

Per @DefenseBB earlier post (see below), they're pulling the data directly from each team's website. You'd have to look at each Big East school individually or wait until NCAA posts the information at the end of the season.
The NCAA only publishes attendance after the season so I go on all the school sites with their stats and pull down the game attendance when I also pull down the player stats.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
What do you want to know about the Big East schools-yes I have them too for this year!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
They're much more expensive, now. My season ticket is $280, each.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Must have been a REALLY boring meeting. ;)

Reaction Score
Dang, look at those LSU numbers. Quadrupled in 2 years. Say what you want about Kim, but she can certainly bring it.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
With Oregon having a down year and the last two seasons not exactly on fire, I consider a Top 10 attendance ranking a tribute to the Ducks' loyal fan base. Second only to Arizona in league and miles ahead of league leading Stanford and Utah.
ps Utah numbers (as presented here) are quite puzzling. That is one entertaining, high execution ball team. Should be filling the joint.

Reaction Score
Statistics from Last season shows Big East isn't bad overall:
1675887501603.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom