Duke at Kentucky tonight | The Boneyard

Duke at Kentucky tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Good litmus test for both teams. Duke dropped a game it could have won against ND and looked shaky at times against Purdue. This is a good "are they for real?" game for the Blue Devils. Kentucky has designs on challenging for the SEC crown. A win over Duke gives them some significant legitimacy and confidence heading into conference play.

Reaction Score
I like KY big in this game.......Duke is always a poor road team and they almost got beat at home by Purdue.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Again, I ask of the moderators... we have the ability to like a post.. is there any way you can install a dislike post option for this board ??:rolleyes:

But seriously.... like i said on the duke board.. this game scares me... alot. Our perimeter defense, and in particular our 3 point defense has been worrisome... even in the exhibition games vs Division II opponents. This plays right into UK's strength. Coupled with the fact that we are without a starting guard... that definitely wont help us vs the UK press. On the other hand.... Williams should have a huge day feasting on the weaker UK interior. I expect at least 18 points 12 rebounds.. and 4 blocks. At least. Should be an entertaining game... UK likes the fast pace... and Duke will not be afraid to run with them. Plus... the game is at Rupp... and as of Monday Ive read they had sold over 11,000 tickets.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
thanks for the analysis triad. since i rarely get to see Duke and have not seen Kentucky yet, it's good to get an analysis from someone who watches the team more closely. i think you should have more strength than just williams in the post - i know Vernery is more of a finesse player, but has Henson been solid for you guys? i think Peters and Williams in the post is really solid. i'd be surprised if KY won and am rooting for Duke, but u guys do seem offensively challenged at times against good teams (54 vs. ND, 64 vs. Purdue - even only 61 vs. BYU, but that was the first game out the gate)...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
On the other hand.... Williams should have a huge day feasting on the weaker UK interior. I expect at least 18 points 12 rebounds.. and 4 blocks. At least.

Louisville's post players struggled to take advantage of Kentucky's lack of size in the post. Of course, Louisville doesn't have a post player with anything close to Williams' talent. I expect Williams will find it easier to score off of offensive rebounds than as a result of post-entry passes. She'll likely attract a lot of double teams. As is so often the case, the game will come down to how well Duke's guards handle Kentucky's defensive pressure.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Again, I ask of the moderators... we have the ability to like a post.. is there any way you can install a dislike post option for this board ??:rolleyes:

I've often thought the same thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger