Duke 1999 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke 1999

Reaction Score
Calhoun out coached coach k...the double team on Brand was the difference!!!
A very effective double team getting into his passing lanes I’m sure lots of teams tried to double Brand.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They never solved it. That's why when I hear something "Duke wins that game 8 out of 10 times" they can get bent. The only reason it was close was because the Alaskan Assassin shot out of his mind.
I will go to my grave believing we'd win at least seven out of ten in that matchup.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A very effective double team getting into his passing lanes I’m sure lots of teams tried to double Brand.
Yes, but they all doubled down from the guard position, which Langdon's shooting and Avery's quickness was able to exploit. We doubled big to big, which they couldn't capitalize on.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ricky doesn't get enough credit for his offense in that game. JC's gameplan was for our guards to attack the hoop. No one was doing it early, Then Ricky stepped up, and played more offense in the first half of that game than he had all season. Then at the end... his glove defense made all the difference in the world.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ricky doesn't get enough credit for his offense in that game. JC's gameplan was for our guards to attack the hoop. No one was doing it early, Then Ricky stepped up, and played more offense in the first half of that game than he had all season.
The team was so tight to start, think needle and tractor tight. Moore stepped up with those early buckets and the team settled down.

Reaction Score
The team was so tight to start, think needle and tractor tight. Moore stepped up with those early buckets and the team settled down.
Ricky knew Avery from Augusta and was older than him so he knew that he could take him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom