Duke 0 Stanford 0 after first half in the soccer final. | The Boneyard

Duke 0 Stanford 0 after first half in the soccer final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Not too many scoring chances so far from what I could see in the highlights.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Stanford takes a 1-0 lead on a header by an unmarked player.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Stanford holds on for the win. Duke had three great scoring chances but could not put it in. They missed on one and the Cardinal goalie made good plays on the other two.

Reaction Score
Stanford holds on for the win. Duke had three great scoring chances but could not put it in. They missed on one and the Cardinal goalie made good plays on the other two.

Stanford missed scoring opportunities too, and a horrible no call in the box that would have given them a PK. Congrats Duke and Stanford, great win for Stanford Seniors!

Reaction Score
Stanford's Cammy Levin was a stud, player of the game for sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Cardinal after coming up just short the past 3 seasons. I think the seniors lost only about 4 times in 4 years.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Cardinal after coming up just short the past 3 seasons. I think the seniors lost only about 4 times in 4 years.

Stanford's seniors lost one regular season game in their freshman year. The other three losses have been in the Final Four. Once in the semi's and twice in the finals -- including last year. They were very determined today.

Duke was a really good team too. They started the year unranked. Lots of young players. No seniors. And they won the ACC (conference title) which was the strongest league in the country.

Today's game was as exciting as any college game I have ever seen. And, yes, Cammy Levin was "the stud on the field" and player of the game. All 5 foot three of her. But she is fast and strong and smart and can run forever. We'll see on her on the National team very soon.

Congrats to the Cardinals -- the Alma Mater of my younger daughter.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom