duffy Notes/Quotes with Mike Aresco: “We’ll just have to prove it on the field and on the court. | The Boneyard

duffy Notes/Quotes with Mike Aresco: “We’ll just have to prove it on the field and on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From a basketball standpoint, even if the dregs of the league continue to be terrible, the "big 4" can salvage the league's reputation a bit by making the tournament every year. If this is consistently a 4-5 bid league (which could easily match or outperform quite a few "major" conferences), it may change the public's perception a bit.

Then again, there's nowhere for the public's perception to go but up at this point.

Reaction Score
Aresco seems to say that Memphis has it because it's a hotbed and easy to drive to.

This further reinforces the idea that UConn is well outside the conference's heart. It's an outlier.

Reaction Score
Aresco seems to say that Memphis has it because it's a hotbed and easy to drive to.

This further reinforces the idea that UConn is well outside the conference's heart. It's an outlier.

honestly ...

What would you expect. Our boneyard here reflects a cross-section of our fanbase; probably our bigger mouths of support; probably some of our coaches and administrators in Private. We want to MOVE UP. We are seeking a greater Platform. (and I think 8 of the 12 might be thinking this ... someday)

I think we have to just be really good at these big sports.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
.. If this is consistently a 4-5 bid league (which could easily match or outperform quite a few "major" conferences), it may change the public's perception a bit.

Then again, there's nowhere for the public's perception to go but up at this point.

I don't think the AAC is mid-major. Given each school sponsors FBS football, it shows they are willing do dedicate significant resources to their Athletic Departments' budgets. I'm interested to see what become of the Big East in a couple years.

Husky25

Reaction Score

I think you misinterpreted what he said.

Reaction Score
I think you misinterpreted what he said.

He compared Memphis to Hartford and said Memphis is a hotbed and that it's easy to drive to for many teams.

I'm not contesting what he said.

I'm saying UConn is an outlier in this conference.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He compared Memphis to Hartford and said Memphis is a hotbed and that it's easy to drive to for many teams.

I'm not contesting what he said.

I'm saying UConn is an outlier in this conference.

I think he is recognizes the value of UConn while UConn is in the conference. I think he is saying that:
1) Hartford is a geographical outlier
2) he doesn't prefer both tournaments to be played in the same area.
3) The UConn Women are clearly the draw of the conference and fans here are more likely to go to games other than ones UConn is a direct participant.
4) Memphis is the next best choice, given the city, (probably is better than Hartford), facility (most definitely better than Hartford's)and financial bid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It seemed to me that aresco went way out of his way to name p and warde each and defend them both. He pumps p for beating Lville ignoring two 5-7s and that we beat bridge water with a broken wrist and leg.

Then he defends warde by saying we will play anyone as if warde plays on a team. He's suppose to call ppl and schedule games. He has yet to schedule 1 BCS game for football. Aresco knows this so he tries to hide it by saying Michigan and md. Md was already on tilt and Michigan kept the game simply because the math of a buyout plus pay game to a Mac team was not worth it. They just saved face with the NYC bs for its fanbase. Anyone that thinks warde actually saved that game is a child. I have a beach house in Montana for u. Then he mentions BSU and BYU. Non BCS. Horrible return dates.

I smell a buddy system developing here. We have 3 clowns all helping each other. One runs our fball team, be the ad and the other our conference commish. All 3 of the, are way overpaid and killing uconn athletics. Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom