DuckTales | The Boneyard

DuckTales

Reaction Score
I know, I know it's a kid's show, but the original was part of the triumvirate of shows, along with Batman: TAS and The Simpsons, that really shaped a good part of my youth (above those even would be Calvin and Hobbes but that's another thread). Anyway the news that they were bringing it back in a remade form has been cause for caution. I'm still skeptical it'll ever reach the heights the original did, and I've got the original on DVD just in case, but they just released the theme and main title and mercifully they kept the original song mostly intact, so that's at least a good sign, I think.

Anyway, I've got an 8-month old daughter now who's going to be my perfect excuse to see if the remake will be any good when it debuts in September. Here's hoping.

Reaction Score
First two episodes premiere at midnight and run for 24 hrs on DisneyXD. I know no one cares.

DuckTales! Woo-hoo!

Reaction Score
I know, I know it's a kid's show, but the original was part of the triumvirate of shows, along with Batman: TAS and The Simpsons, that really shaped a good part of my youth (above those even would be Calvin and Hobbes but that's another thread). Anyway the news that they were bringing it back in a remade form has been cause for caution. I'm still skeptical it'll ever reach the heights the original did, and I've got the original on DVD just in case, but they just released the theme and main title and mercifully they kept the original song mostly intact, so that's at least a good sign, I think.

Anyway, I've got an 8-month old daughter now who's going to be my perfect excuse to see if the remake will be any good when it debuts in September. Here's hoping.

First, I loved Duck Tales. Second, daughters a great way to rewatch childhood favorites. I rewatched Thundercats with mine and it was beautiful.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We're doing the same here -- rewetting the original with the 6 year old before we dive into the new one. She's been singing the DuckTales theme for about 2 weeks :)

Reaction Score
We're doing the same here -- rewetting the original with the 6 year old before we dive into the new one. She's been singing the DuckTales theme for about 2 weeks :)

How does the original hold up to time? Mano might have started a trend. I need a new cartoon to watch with mine.

Reaction Score
How does the original hold up to time? Mano might have started a trend. I need a new cartoon to watch with mine.
When I first rewatched them a few years ago, when they came out on DVD, they were still completely entertaining and had a more wholesome, slower paced feel as compared to kid's shows of today. They let them breathe a little back then. I recommend diving back into them. I can only imagine that it would be made even better by having a little buddy to share them with.

I bet TaleSpin holds up too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We're rewatching Cheers of all things with my 14 year old daughter. She already went through Friends on Netflix. My wife put on Cheers episode 1 one day a few weeks ago and my daughter walked through the room and got hooked before she could leave.

Reaction Score
We're rewatching Cheers of all things with my 14 year old daughter. She already went through Friends on Netflix. My wife put on Cheers episode 1 one day a few weeks ago and my daughter walked through the room and got hooked before she could leave.

Oooh, that's a great experience. I have probably rewatched Cheers three or four times. It is the greatest sitcom of all time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oooh, that's a great experience. I have probably rewatched Cheers three or four times. It is the greatest sitcom of all time.

It was very fun to watch her watch it for the first time. She didn't choose it as she did Friends, it had just been on...episode one, and she paused walking through the room, watched for a minute or two and then sat down and kept watching, and laughing.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Try out the Smurfs with the kiddos. My 5 year old is all in on it. They got the whole shootin match on Amazon Prime.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
When I first rewatched them a few years ago, when they came out on DVD, they were still completely entertaining and had a more wholesome, slower paced feel as compared to kid's shows of today. They let them breathe a little back then. I recommend diving back into them. I can only imagine that it would be made even better by having a little buddy to share them with.

I bet TaleSpin holds up too.

Yes -- I agree! As a 40 year old, I was expecting the childhood memories of the show to sort of fall on their face. I found it more patient than a lot of show today -- more willing to develop a sustained narrative. Kids love PJ Masks, but DuckTales just feels a little less scattered, a little less whizz-bang, and a lot more fulfilling.

Reaction Score
First two episodes premiere at midnight and run for 24 hrs on DisneyXD. I know no one cares.

DuckTales! Woo-hoo!

We watched the first two episodes of the remake. A big hit in 's household. Tomorrow we are going to start with the old version.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Sorry to bring this TTT but UConn-related factoid, Bobby Moynihan is part of the cast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom