Dublin and Ireland recommendations needed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dublin and Ireland recommendations needed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had only first visited 5 or 6 years ago but was it a lot different before that?
Oh yeah, Pre EU it was completely different. Much less multicultural, but a lot more quintessentially Irish. During the Celtic Tiger years, people from across the EU flocked to Dublin. It got much more expensive and much less Irish. It’s fine as a city, but more generically European now. But the roads in Ireland are fantastic now with the EU money, and were crap before. So it’s much easier to travel the country. But I prefer the west coast by far.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, Pre EU it was completely different. Much less multicultural, but a lot more quintessentially Irish. During the Celtic Tiger years, people from across the EU flocked to Dublin. It got much more expensive and much less Irish. It’s fine as a city, but more generically European now. But the roads in Ireland are fantastic now with the EU money, and were crap before. So it’s much easier to travel the country. But I prefer the west coast by far.
Yeah I think most people will even tell you in Dublin area to visit the west. Still a lot of good stuff to see around there especially the shorelines or Wicklow mountains but.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I highly recommend O'Donohue's in Ballyhaise, County Cavan. My Irish relatives own it :)
More of my family is from a town called Dunquin in Kerry. When we last visited, my son (UConn sophomore now) said some day he wanted to go back there and open a Dunquin Donuts. I thought it was funny.
Follow the advice of those who've been multiple times. They won't steer you wrong.

Reaction Score
Still looking for ideas? I spent 3 weeks driving around Ireland in 2018 starting in Dublin (3 days) drove up to Longford (family thing) then down to Cork and Kinsale (great little town) via Cashel before. Then crashed in Killarney to explore the national park there, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Penisula (Conor Pass is an interesting drive) and even took a boat to hike Skellig Micheal (Star Wars island). Then made our way up to Galway with a stop in Limerick the night they won the All-Ireland Hurling Championship before flying back home from Shannon. It was a great time.

Reaction Score
Still looking for ideas? I spent 3 weeks driving around Ireland in 2018 starting in Dublin (3 days) drove up to Longford (family thing) then down to Cork and Kinsale (great little town) via Cashel before. Then crashed in Killarney to explore the national park there, Ring of Kerry, Dingle Penisula (Conor Pass is an interesting drive) and even took a boat to hike Skellig Micheal (Star Wars island). Then made our way up to Galway with a stop in Limerick the night they won the All-Ireland Hurling Championship before flying back home from Shannon. It was a great time.

sounds like a hell of a trip. Been to Kinsale as well. Very nice place. Cobh is another great town around by the water there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom