DTH: New culture helps North Carolina to best start in years | The Boneyard

DTH: New culture helps North Carolina to best start in years

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hey Plebe, dare we say that this is now our favorite Carolina team or will a “certain someone” banish us from his Christmas card list? ;) Not that his team doesn’t create “fun” for us, just the wrong kind of fun...:rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hey Plebe, dare we say that this is now our favorite Carolina team or will a “certain someone” banish us from his Christmas card list? ;) Not that his team doesn’t create “fun” for us, just the wrong kind of fun...:rolleyes:
:D I will withhold my judgment of this Carolina team until they play teams better than Missouri and Temple. Because while the culture may have changed, the cupcake schedule is still all Hatchell.

Reaction Score
Banghart is a good coach. I was surprised she didn't even make Tennessee's original short list, she would have been on the top at mine with what she had accomplished. They haven't been tested much yet so its still early. I think she will do really well down there. Great start on the recruiting trail as well.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Both her and Kelly Jolly Harper will be a comparison to watch for the next few years.
Ironically when I was at the UConn-ND game, I sat next to a “closet” ND fan who also has a friend on the Wake Forest staff And they know their days are numbered. So how amusing would it be if the Demon Deacons got a better coach than that other NC school? I best stop before more vitriol is directed my way courtesy of Durham fans... :eek:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Both her and Kelly Jolly Harper will be a comparison to watch for the next few years.
Ironically when I was at the UConn-ND game, I sat next to a “closet” ND fan who also has a friend on the Wake Forest staff And they know their days are numbered. So how amusing would it be if the Demon Deacons got a better coach than that other NC school? I best stop before more vitriol is directed my way courtesy of Durham fans... :eek:
I still keep trying to refer to her as Holly. Holly Jolley Harper.

Reaction Score
Banghart is a good coach. I was surprised she didn't even make Tennessee's original short list, she would have been on the top at mine with what she had accomplished. They haven't been tested much yet so its still early. I think she will do really well down there. Great start on the recruiting trail as well.

Banhart couldn't possibly be the Vol coach. She hasn't the right pedigree. :rolleyes:
If I remember Voepel shamelessly promoted someone else, someone with a NC pedigree, and actually criticized Banghart's credentials and her selection. For that reason alone I have become a rooter for UNC, at least the women. Banghart did amazing things at Princeton with much less talent than will be coming to UNC in the near future.
If Duke would dump Debbie Downer the ACC could be like the PAC12 is now.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Banhart couldn't possibly be the Vol coach. She hasn't the right pedigree. :rolleyes:
If I remember Voepel shamelessly promoted someone else, someone with a NC pedigree, and actually criticized Banghart's credentials and her selection. For that reason alone I have become a rooter for UNC, at least the women. Banghart did amazing things at Princeton with much less talent than will be coming to UNC in the near future.
If Duke would dump Debbie Downer the ACC could be like the PAC12 is now.
Voepel is a really odd bird. She normally goes to great lengths to stay in the shallow end of the pool, but when she ventures into deeper waters she tends to spring an engine leak. I don't know where her anti-Banghart animus or power 5 snobbery came from, implying that someone from the piddling Ivy League has no business being hired by a blue blood national brand like UNC.

That reminds me of an article where the tried to heap shade on the hiring of Nancy Fahey at Illinois by repeatedly implying that Fahey's age was a major liability.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Voepel is a really odd bird. She normally goes to great lengths to stay in the shallow end of the pool, but when she ventures into deeper waters she tends to spring an engine leak. I don't know where her anti-Banghart animus or power 5 snobbery came from, implying that someone from the piddling Ivy League has no business being hired by a blue blood national brand like UNC.

That reminds me of an article where the tried to heap shade on the hiring of Nancy Fahey at Illinois by repeatedly implying that Fahey's age was a major liability.

I think her bias is more geographical than snobbery.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would post some stuff.... but looks like my initial post in this thread was deleted... but anyway.... looking through the posts... and seeing some of the pro-light blue remarks...... aint nothing I can do but

source.gif

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I watched this whole game and I wasn’t sure if I was impressed with Yale and their discipline or unimpressed with NC and their one and done shooting. Bailey is a nice talent who needs to get in better shape to handle the demands of “an all-conference” player.
It also left a little less impressed with Banghart. I will say though the NC announcers were critical of the NC OOC and how poor all those teams were and Yale and LSU were two of the best. Though they did fail to mention this was due to Sylvia Hatchell and her propensity to feast on these types of teams. I am SOOOO GLAD she is gone!
I will pick Yale to give Princeton a run for their money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom