DT with yet another record | The Boneyard

DT with yet another record

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last night DT scored 31 pts in the Phoenix Sun’s 94-84 losing effort to the Dallas Wings. At the age of 39 DT becomes the oldest player in the history of the W to score 30 pts in a game. Some folks think she might just hang it up at the end of this season. Then again, DT might just play forever….,:)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I think it is a very good bet that she will play in the Olympics in Paris in 2024.
Win a gold medal there and she would have 6...I don't think any basketball player [man or woman] have that many.
She would be a valuable member of the team...whether starting or coming in off the bench if our offense starts to go squirrely on us. It also would be more evidence that she is the GGOAT...second G standing for guard.

Reaction Score
I don't like to see players in any sport hang on until they are physically unable to go or contribute much to the team. There are several examples of people who have done that and while I know competitors want it with their all their hearts I just hate seeing them so far below their peak.

DT has shown signs of slowing down the past few years but then she puts together performances that make me think she could easily go a few more years. I would be surprised to see her in Paris but stranger things have happened.

I also think she's already the Greatest Guard of All Time.

Reaction Score
In the Seattle-Phoenix WNBA game they talked about Sue retiring. Then they mentioned that they had also asked Diana if she might retire at the end of this year. Simple one word answer. "No."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Exactly. Dee is not only the greatest "guard" of all time, she's the greatest of all time, period. Frankly there is no one else who even comes close. GOAT. I always chuckle when people try to qualify her GOAT-ness with "best guard", "best top 5", "best Olympian", etc. Then sometimes they will try to qualify it with other players who are more physically gifted. And yet not a single one of them has accomplished what Dee has. Nope. Greatest of all time.

While I'd love to see her play forever, I'm very curious to see what she does after playing hoops. Some may think she doesn't have the temperament to coach, but just look at how much respect her teammates have for her. When she talks, they listen. She's a natural born leader. IMHO, she can do whatever she sets her mind to.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Exactly. Dee is not only the greatest "guard" of all time, she's the greatest of all time, period. Frankly there is no one else who even comes close. GOAT. I always chuckle when people try to qualify her GOAT-ness with "best guard", "best top 5", "best Olympian", etc. Then sometimes they will try to qualify it with other players who are more physically gifted. And yet not a single one of them has accomplished what Dee has. Nope. Greatest of all time.

While I'd love to see her play forever, I'm very curious to see what she does after playing hoops. Some may think she doesn't have the temperament to coach, but just look at how much respect her teammates have for her. When she talks, they listen. She's a natural born leader. IMHO, she can do whatever she sets her mind to.
Yeah, there’s no reason to believe that Diana would not be successful at whatever she did. That’s just her nature.

For what it’s worth, she’s indicated she would have more interest in being part of an ownership group, rather than coaching. Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing her in the broadcast booth, because she is incredibly informative and entertaining. But there’s not a doubt in my mind that she would be outstanding at any of them.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there’s no reason to believe that Diana would not be successful at whatever she did. That’s just her nature.

For what it’s worth, she’s indicated she would have more interest in being part of an ownership group, rather than coaching. Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing her in the broadcast booth, because she is incredibly informative and entertaining. But there’s not a doubt in my mind that she would be outstanding at any of them.
DT is without a doubt the GOAT! She would be very entertaining in the broadcast booth, but you might need a 7 second audio delay. I don't know how you do that broadcasting a live game. This would not be so much of a concern in coaching :)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
She's certainly still scrappy:

Skylar still has that Nat'l Championship 1000 yard stare.

It looked to me more like a “oh crap I messed up… Again“ stare

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Players listen to both of them without question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom