DT Needs Help Losing to Billie Jean King in ESPN Vote | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DT Needs Help Losing to Billie Jean King in ESPN Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
pinotbear & meyers 7- - - As I've stated earlier I coached HS Wrestling for 32 years, 3 in MO and 29 here in CT and I know I'm biased but Wrestling is the toughest sport physically and mentally in HS & College!
We couldn't get some of the "star" FB players out, they said you work too hard, Running, lifting, dieting, practices, no substitutions, 6 straight minutes in match! they're not putting their REPUTATION on the line alone in the middle of a mat!
The big bodies didn't like the thought of them in Singlets also!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Taurasi advanced to the next round.... to face Rhonda Rousey who defeated Jackie Joyner-Kersee. Good grief :oops:

Reaction Score
Please put the 3rd round link here so that I can vote for DT.
Thanks

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Taurasi advanced to the next round.... to face Rhonda Rousey who defeated Jackie Joyner-Kersee. Good grief :oops:
Good grief is right. Joyner-Kersee is one of the greatest female athletes of all time IMHO. Not sure I see Dee beating Rousey, but I bet Dee could hold her own in the ring with her! :)

Reaction Score
If you make a list of the top 25 American athletes, man or woman, Babe Zaharias and Jackie Joyner-Kersee would be on it!
What sickens me about this vote is the candidates credentials were presented to chose who's was better, and Rousey' still won!

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not sure she needs help losing. Winning maybe.

Reaction Score
I played rugby for one year and found it to be the most physically challenging - being in the scrum was similar in intense physical exertion to wrestling - but with more bodies! Add in running non-stop up and down a soccer pitch, and tackling or attempting to break tackles like football without the blocking or the constant huddles. Madness.

I second this. As a hooker ( I know) for four years, I found nothing as taxing, or as joyous. Constant movement, constant shifting focus, all the while yelling "thank you, sir" when the single official calls a foul.

Also, one of the few games where the third half can be the best.

Reaction Score
If you carry two different browsers, you can vote on each of them.

Rousey should never have beaten Jackie Joiner Kersee.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I second this. As a hooker ( I know) for four years, I found nothing as taxing, or as joyous. Constant movement, constant shifting focus, all the while yelling "thank you, sir" when the single official calls a foul.
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32