DT Is Around And Talking!! | The Boneyard

DT Is Around And Talking!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And in rare form:

"The last time Taurasi held back was the last time she didn’t want the ball in the clutch. Never.

On UConn’s move to the Big East, Taurasi said, “It just feels right. The American was nice while it lasted, I guess, but no one wants to watch UConn-Tulane or Toledo. I don’t even know who’s in the American. I didn’t even watch the games.”
There you go. The guess-what-D-said moment of the interview. She crushed the AAC and even poor Toledo, and you know how long she paused to give a hoot? Not one second."

A long, well written interview piece from Mike Anthony. Totally worth the read.

And some good news at the end:

“I’m so entrenched in still wanting to be a really good basketball player than I can’t even think about what I’m going to do afterwards,” Taurasi said. “I try to envision what life is after basketball, but I just see myself working out and just being a basketball player still.”

PS. Oops, thanks @j66kicker : Mike Anthony: Diana Taurasi reaching her basketball and life goal every day, with plenty to say along the way

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DT humble, as always:

It was, because it always is with her, insightful and entertaining. Women’s basketball’s greatest player and wittiest wiseguy spoke of... her accomplishments. “I’ve done everything,” she said.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
On UConn’s move to the Big East, Taurasi said, “It just feels right. The American was nice while it lasted, I guess, but no one wants to watch UConn-Tulane or Toledo. I don’t even know who’s in the American. I didn’t even watch the games.”
Yea, those UCONN-Creighton, UCONN-Providence games are going to be so much more interesting. Besides who wouldn't rather go to Providence or Omaha than New Orleans in the middle of winter?? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yea, those UCONN-Creighton, UCONN-Providence games are going to be so much more interesting. Besides who wouldn't rather go to Providence or Omaha than New Orleans in the middle of winter?? :rolleyes:
Lol--well your geographic comparison has merit, but you'll no doubt agree, the RPI gain being in the Big East outweighs the winter travel differential of going to NYC to play St. Johns rather than to South Florida to play USF. Hard to imagine UConn ever going 30-2 and not being a No 1 Seed once they're again in the Big East..

Reaction Score
Big East just sounds better. Too bad there's no Syracuse and ND around to kick some butt.

Reaction Score
LOL...Toledo...they're in the MAC and happen to be my alma mater, but was still pretty funny!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Lot easier to go to Providence financially, that's for sure. And on the men's side that a local rivalry that's always been good.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
DT is more fun than a bag of cats and a bumble bee. Here's an article about how it all began:

"The camp began the next day. We ran into UCLA coach Kathy Olivier, who we met during the previous season when UConn played at Pauley Pavilion. Taurasi, essentially, was down to two college choices: UConn (3,000 miles away) and UCLA (very near her hometown of Chino).

“What are you guys up to?” Olivier asked pleasantly. When we told her, “We're following Diana Taurasi around,” she turned ghost white."

The rest, as they say, is history ... but there is more.

"I believe we mentioned to Taurasi that the NCAA tournament West Regional was played in California a few months earlier. The attendance figured needed only three digits.

“It would be a shame if you had such a great college career and nobody was there to see it,” Adamec told Taurasi, which, loosely translated, is called a direct hit."

Taurasi was never as good as advertised ... she's been even better

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
DT talks the back surgery and the decision making process and Swin's role in it.

Back at it

“I feel 100 times better than I felt pre-surgery,” Taurasi said. “It started taking its toll on me just in everyday life. Initially I didn’t want to have back surgery. Who does? So I went through the whole rehab process, and I came to a point where it was my last resort, and I’m glad that I went through with it. I’m feeling good.”

Reaction Score
yep, there she was last night, the GOAT, making a fool of herself again. on the bench after reinjuring her hamstring, but not for long, as she found her way onto the court shouting obscenities at the officials. she embarrasses herself, and her team, and most here find no wrong with that. she should have been sent to the locker room. no one's above the game.

Reaction Score
yep, there she was last night, the GOAT, making a fool of herself again. on the bench after reinjuring her hamstring, but not for long, as she found her way onto the court shouting obscenities at the officials. she embarrasses herself, and her team, and most here find no wrong with that. she should have been sent to the locker room. no one's above the game.
I’m a big DT fan, and I agree with you. There’s being an intense competitor, and then there’s this type of behavior.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom