OT: - DS and the Globe Nail it | The Boneyard

OT: DS and the Globe Nail it

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I recall some really negative reactions to the writing of Dan Shaughnessy
Especially when he opines about woman's BB.

But he sure nailed it today... with his comments regarding
the latest (in a long line) of Patriot's capers.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

lol he looks like a jackarse per usual. Shaughnessy has the universally worst takes in sports.

If he's saying it, it's definitely wrong.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
panda eating popcorn.gif

Reaction Score
Shaughnessy has to play that game and always take the negative view of everything. It's the only way anyone would know he exists. If you were from Boston you'd know that.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I haven't seen it. Post a link.

Reaction Score
I come from a long line of newspaper reporters and Shaughnessy has little respect in the industry. He typically reuses messages others have been first to report and adds little creativity or original thought. Known throughout as one who wants the attention.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I come from a long line of newspaper reporters and Shaughnessy has little respect in the industry. He typically reuses messages others have been first to report and adds little creativity or original thought. Known throughout as one who wants the attention.
Back in the old days Milton Berle was a hack comic, well known for stealing jokes. Carlos Mencia is a current day example. That doesn't mean the jokes they stole weren't funny. That doesn't mean that their delivery wasn't perfect. Shaughnessy is clearly a well known hack writer. But as the old saying goes, put a monkey in front of a typewriter and given enough time that monkey will come up with a King Lear. You all know my feelings toward the Pats, so I won't rehash any of it. However, I must say,

Image result for happy parks and recreation gif

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I can’t believe I am about to type this but “Shaughnessy is 100% right this time.” Ok, now I must go take a shower and brush my teeth to get the stink and bad taste out...;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So exactly what was his position. Since no one detailed it, I tried to look it up and surprise surprise, my interpretation of his position was fluid and is basically I can see all sides. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, The Globe has had a vendetta vs. The Patriots ever since John Henry purchased it. The slant toward the Red Sox (for obvious reason) and against the Patriots (For far less obvious reasons) is unmistakable.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason, The Globe has had a vendetta vs. The Patriots ever since John Henry purchased it. The slant toward the Red Sox (for obvious reason) and against the Patriots (For far less obvious reasons) is unmistakable.
Except for Shaughnessy. He's got something on Henry because he trashes the Sox and the ownership group regularly and Henry lets him get away with it. Check out his article on the Sox from 6 days ago titled Why This Could Be The Worst Red Sox Offseason Ever.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Except for Shaughnessy. He's got something on Henry because he trashes the Sox and the ownership group regularly and Henry lets him get away with it. Check out his article on the Sox from 6 days ago titled Why This Could Be The Worst Red Sox Offseason Ever.
Even Shaughnessy has eased up in terms of volume on trashing the Red Sox, particularly since Henry purchased the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom