Drummond's USA Chances | The Boneyard

Drummond's USA Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What do you guys think the chances are that Dummond can latch on and make the team? With Love, Girffin and Aldridge all out of the picture I think he has a decent chance. Cousins is obviously his main competition, but I think there's a chance that both of them are selected to the team. And Cousins has had tons of problems with Colangelo in the past, so it will be interesting to see if that plays a role in the decision making process.

Reaction Score
I think AD's chances are really good, especially like you stated, with Love, Blake, and LaMarcus all stepping down, this just opens up the spot for AD to claim. Hopefully he plays well, remains coachable, and the players enjoy being around him. And from what I hear the players like AD a lot and that is good. But I think he gains a spot.

Reaction Score
The only two centers under consideration I believe are Cousins and Drummond. the 2012 and 2008 Olympic teams had Chandler and Howard as their centers, which Drummond is closer to than Cousins. Drummond doesn't have the baggage of Cousins either. Its possible that they both make it but I feel Drummond is almost a guarantee.

Reaction Score
The only two centers under consideration I believe are Cousins and Drummond. the 2012 and 2008 Olympic teams had Chandler and Howard as their centers, which Drummond is closer to than Cousins. Drummond doesn't have the baggage of Cousins either. Its possible that they both make it but I feel Drummond is almost a guarantee.

Davis will play alot of minutes at C, especially since Durant is pretty much the prototype 4 for FIBA basketball. USA will need the bigger bodies for Spain but that's really the biggest worry as far as frontcourt issues.

Reaction Score
In the past Colangelo and Coach K have always carried 3 bigs. Which 2 play more has always varied as the players have changed. In my opinion Cousins, Davis, Drummond is almost ideal.

Cousins fills that versatile offensive scorer/rebounder role that Boozer and Love have in the past. Davis gets the inside/outside role that Chris Bosh, Lamar Odom, and he played. And Drummond gets his chance as the rim protector and glass cleaner they used Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howard for.

They may not have the best individual in single role but you can argue that it is the best group put together in the Coach K era. If not now them in 2 years if you keep them together. Or replace Cousins with Love.

Reaction Score
FIBA you only have 5 fouls, so you've got to carry a few bigs for foul trouble consideration, even if KD puts some minutes in at PF. AD, AD, and DMC will make it, with a possibility of Faried or Millsap as another big, but more likely one of Korver, Parsons, or Hayward.

Reaction Score
Listening to Colangelo on NBATV, it seems that Drummond will almost assuredly make at least the initial cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom