Drummond's finish tonight | The Boneyard

Drummond's finish tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the running for #1 play on sportscenter tonight. Probably won't win, but not a lot going on in the sports world this Tuesday night.

Reaction Score

And at the other end of the court after this play, Drummond had a big block on 2011 #6 pick Jan Vesely. The Will Bynum-Andre Drummond ally-oop connection has been awesome since the two of them have been together. I'm glad the Pistons resigned Bynum just for that reason.

Also, watching Drummond play a lot, the kid is going to lead the league in rebounding multiple times in his career. He's a monster on the boards. I'm not sure if his offensive game will ever be refined much more than dunks, put-backs, alley-oops, and the occasional baby hook... but he's going to develop into one of the better players in the league just because of his sheer dominance on the glass and on defense.

And if you look at Dwight, who never really developed a true post game and is still this generation's best center, it just goes to show that Andre can truly be one of the most impactful players in the league. He's got all the tools to be a bigger, more athletic Dwight Howard without the scoring mentality, but also without the headache. He's one of the most fun, likeable players in the NBA and I'm glad that he'll be associated with UConn, even if he was only here for one year.

Reaction Score
Play was pretty routine (could be because he's so tall) but you're right must not be much going on.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Play was pretty routine (could be because he's so tall) but you're right must not be much going on.

Agreed. He makes it look easy so that's why it looks very routine. He definitely belongs in the NBA... can't question his decision to leave.

Andre will have A LOT more impressive highlights than this one. So stoked for how this kid will represent our state and university going forward

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

And at the other end of the court after this play, Drummond had a big block on 2011 #6 pick Jan Vesely. The Will Bynum-Andre Drummond ally-oop connection has been awesome since the two of them have been together. I'm glad the Pistons resigned Bynum just for that reason.

Also, watching Drummond play a lot, the kid is going to lead the league in rebounding multiple times in his career. He's a monster on the boards. I'm not sure if his offensive game will ever be refined much more than dunks, put-backs, alley-oops, and the occasional baby hook... but he's going to develop into one of the better players in the league just because of his sheer dominance on the glass and on defense.

And if you look at Dwight, who never really developed a true post game and is still this generation's best center, it just goes to show that Andre can truly be one of the most impactful players in the league. He's got all the tools to be a bigger, more athletic Dwight Howard without the scoring mentality, but also without the headache. He's one of the most fun, likeable players in the NBA and I'm glad that he'll be associated with UConn, even if he was only here for one year.

were does the myth come from that dwight has no post game? i'm almost 100% sure he's been in the top 3 in post points per game the last 3-4 years or so. that said, drummonds a beast and will be the best big in the league at some point. which in turn should help recruiting. but like someone mentioned above, he will be a great ambassador of uconn for many years to come, just a very likeable guy

caw

Reaction Score
were does the myth come from that dwight has no post game? i'm almost 100% sure he's been in the top 3 in post points per game the last 3-4 years or so. that said, drummonds a beast and will be the best big in the league at some point. which in turn should help recruiting. but like someone mentioned above, he will be a great ambassador of uconn for many years to come, just a very likeable guy

Dwight has a very rudimentary post game relative to Duncan, Gasol, Ewing, Hakeem, Shaq, Yao, etc. it's not that he can't score in the post, but more so he has very limited moves down there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Dwight has a very rudimentary post game relative to Duncan, Gasol, Ewing, Hakeem, Shaq, Yao, etc. it's not that he can't score in the post, but more so he has very limited moves down there.

gasol and duncan have moves

Reaction Score
Josh Smith with 17fga, 9 of them 3 pointers, its started already

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Due to what must be a sick mind, I assumed that this post involved Jennette McCurdy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Due to what must be a sick mind, I assumed that this post involved Jennette McCurdy.
They split! Difficult choice for Drummond! Attend the event honoring JC or go to Jennette's mothers funeral. Drummond bleeds Husky Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom