Drummonds effect on Alex | The Boneyard

Drummonds effect on Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it has breifly been discussed on here what the addition of Andre will do to Alex this year. It has been pretty public that Alex was thrilled with the addition of Drummond because he can move to his natural position of a 4 not a 5. How do you think this effects Alex? I love Chuck but there was a void last year with scoring and this allowed teams to concentrate on Alex and made him in my opinion dissapeer. Also Roscoe, and Tyler were undersized so the rebounding load was on Alex's shoulders. Is Andre offensively polished enough to draw double teams and free up Alex. I know Calhoun said they are looking for Alex to score a lot more this year. I dont know if that is because he has improved a lot or is at his natural position with more help. Will Alex rebound better or worse now that he has a biger deeper front court? It will be interesting to see the new chemistry this years front court has.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think AO will be more efficient this year but at the same time AD will take some of his numbers away so his counting stats (points, rebounding etc.) might not go up too much. The big difference will be how consistent he is.

Reaction Score
I personally think AO is going to score more points this year with AD on the floor. Teams are going to have to double AD in the paint- and like Lamb last year with Kemba on the floor- AO will get a lot of open looks/dunks ect.... AD is also an excellent passer. It could be brutal for other teams trying to stop them from scoring under the basket. On the D side- it should do wonders for AO as well- but his numbers here may go down a bit- he may not be able to get under the basket with AD taking up all that real estate.

Reaction Score
Actually I don't think that teams can double AD this year. Alex is not only too good but he's a better player than AD. Teams are simply going to be overmatched and helpless with our frontcourt. I am sure come BE play the opposing coaches will study and figure something out, but our frontcourt is so strong.

Tyler at PF will be the benefactor of AD double teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom