Drummond's attitude | The Boneyard

Drummond's attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hi all, I have been lurking for nearly a year, finally decided it was time to chime in.

Just wanted to share with fellow obsessed UConn fans how much I am loving Andre. As much as I love how he seems to be improving almost every single game, what I really admire about this kid is his upbeat, positive attitude. Just the fact that he decided to come to UConn and spend a year (or 2??? I can hope, right) shows his motivation. Combine that with his happy-go-lucky demeanor and the fact that he can't help smiling, and in my book this kid is already a winner. Case in point is the short interview Andy Katz did with him following the St. Johns game. It may seem trivial to some, but his smile and "thumbs up" at the end of the interview speaks volumes IMO. He seems to really be enjoying his time at UConn, and I couldn't be happier for the kid.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...16/connecticut-rolls-but-still-finding-itself

BTW, after yesterday's game, AD is now averaging 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 2.5 blocked shots per game. Not bad for a guy that looked "lost" and out of sync while wearing that mask.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Welcome aboard! AD does seem to be a nice kid who is really enjoying himself.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Many of my friends have met or are friends with AD. By all accounts he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He's the type of guy that down the road UConn will be proud to say is a Husky forever (i.e. Ray Allen). And you will never be able to complain about his work ethic either. And I know for a fact that he does not drink or smoke which, aside from the fact that it is a positive for an athlete to not do those things for physical reasons, we don't have to worry about him getting into any trouble off the court which is obviously a huge plus considering recent events.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hi all, I have been lurking for nearly a year, finally decided it was time to chime in.

Just wanted to share with fellow obsessed UConn fans how much I am loving Andre. As much as I love how he seems to be improving almost every single game, what I really admire about this kid is his upbeat, positive attitude. Just the fact that he decided to come to UConn and spend a year (or 2??? I can hope, right) shows his motivation. Combine that with his happy-go-lucky demeanor and the fact that he can't help smiling, and in my book this kid is already a winner. Case in point is the short interview Andy Katz did with him following the St. Johns game. It may seem trivial to some, but his smile and "thumbs up" at the end of the interview speaks volumes IMO. He seems to really be enjoying his time at UConn, and I couldn't be happier for the kid.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...16/connecticut-rolls-but-still-finding-itself

BTW, after yesterday's game, AD is now averaging 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 2.5 blocked shots per game. Not bad for a guy that looked "lost" and out of sync while wearing that mask.

Welcome aboard. AD is only 18 years old and I consider him to have the perfect balance of maturity and youth and a perfect balance when it comes to a consideration of others as well as himself. That is a rare combination in a person. The last player I saw having that was KW.

Reaction Score
He should do well in the BE, love that he runs the court and passes regularly. Just need to hit free throws

Reaction Score
Drummond twitter post: FML = Food is My Life

That doesn't sound like a very positive attitude to me, and not what NBA GM's want to hear. If he keeps thinking like that, he'll end up like Eddie Curry instead of Shaq. He was 270 pounds coming in, and if he keeps putting on the weight, he'll soon be 330!

In all seriousness though, love the kids attitude. He's gonna be a good one.

SJ

Reaction Score
Drummond twitter post: FML = Food is My Life

That doesn't sound like a very positive attitude to me, and not what NBA GM's want to hear. If he keeps thinking like that, he'll end up like Eddie Curry instead of Shaq. He was 270 pounds coming in, and if he keeps putting on the weight, he'll soon be 330!

In all seriousness though, love the kids attitude. He's gonna be a good one.
I sincerely hope you're kidding. You know he is making a word play on what FML usually stands for, right? I like that he is a clean mouthed kid. My son served half the team at McDs one night and told me Niels and Andre were the most polite and DeAndre has a potty mouth.

Reaction Score
I sincerely hope you're kidding. You know he is making a word play on what FML usually stands for, right? I like that he is a clean mouthed kid. My son served half the team at McDs one night and told me Niels and Andre were the most polite and DeAndre has a potty mouth.

Yeah, I was kidding. Interesting that your son served the team at McDonald's. Doesn't suprise me that Niels and Andre were polite, both seem like great kids.

Reaction Score
I will say that he is a big improvement over Chuck. Nice to have a consistent and productive Center on the team.

He seems to be loving the college life and just maybe......................................

Reaction Score
ive met AD and DeAndre numerous times this year. Both kids are gonna make us VERY proud to call them uconn alum in the future. Go huskies

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I will say that he is a big improvement over Chuck. Nice to have a consistent and productive Center on the team.

He seems to be loving the college life and just maybe......................................

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because a lot of potential one and dones say they're going to stay during the season then change their minds after the year is over, but maybe, just maybe, he'll stick around for another year. Probably not, but who knows? Sullinger was a guaranteed lottery pick last year and decided to stay, along with Barnes and Terrence Jones.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because a lot of potential one and dones say they're going to stay during the season then change their minds after the year is over, but maybe, just maybe, he'll stick around for another year. Probably not, but who knows? Sullinger was a guaranteed lottery pick last year and decided to stay, along with Barnes and Terrence Jones.

Wishful thinking for sure, but I'd put the probability at less than 1%. I think the lockout figured into a lot of guys decisions last year.

Plus Andre is likely a top 3 pick .. not sure you can walk away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom