Drummond | The Boneyard

Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I picked him with my first pick (#6 overall) in fantasy!

BEAST!

Reaction Score
Seems like a weird thing to post considering Drummond is off to a slow start this season and the Pistons are 0-3.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
It's called Faith!

Or

Blue shaded glasses!

I believe this year he will be the best center in the nba!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You'd understand what I mean if you watched the game, he's a dominant presence out there.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

The play against the hawks at 7:12 tells you all you need to know about how physically dominant Drummond is. He, quite literally, sends his defender flying away with a simply turn of the elbow, and proceeds to power the dunk into another dimension, unreal.

P.S. Rasheed Wallace's facial reaction right after that dunk basically is the face I have on during the entire time Drummond is on the court when I watch a Pistons game.

Reaction Score
yikes, drummond with a first round pick? Why can't I be in your fantasy league?! He's a reasonable pick in the 20s, but look at his lines so far this season. I took him in one league with I think the 24th pick and I'm currently a bit disappointed in him. Needs to stay on the court and rack up some games with 20+ pts and 5 blocks. Anthony Davis is much much much better than him for now

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yikes, drummond with a first round pick? Why can't I be in your fantasy league?! He's a reasonable pick in the 20s, but look at his lines so far this season. I took him in one league with I think the 24th pick and I'm currently a bit disappointed in him. Needs to stay on the court and rack up some games with 20+ pts and 5 blocks. Anthony Davis is much much much better than him for now
anthony davis is a completely different type of player, both as an athlete and position... unfair to compare them... he racked up a bunch of monster double doubles last year ontop of him being injured

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Maybe in a few years but AD isn't close to being the best C in the league.
howard, Marc Gasol, Noah,, hibbert are probably ahead of him... i was going to say al jeffeson and cousins too but i think they're more of a 4 than a 5

Reaction Score
anthony davis is a completely different type of player, both as an athlete and position... unfair to compare them... he racked up a bunch of monster double doubles last year ontop of him being injured
They are completely different players but Anthony Davis is much better. Lebron and Durant might be the only guys better than Davis right now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hibbert? Did you watch him at the end of last season?
yeah garbage, but before that brief spell he was dominant... we'll see this year, i do think drummond will be a top 3-5

Reaction Score
howard, Marc Gasol, Noah,, hibbert are probably ahead of him... i was going to say al jeffeson and cousins too but i think they're more of a 4 than a 5

Cousins and Jefferson are definitely centers, and there's no way that Hibbert or Gasol are as good as Drummond.

Reaction Score
Cousins and Jefferson are definitely centers, and there's no way that Hibbert or Gasol are as good as Drummond.

But we're talking from a fantasy standpoint, not from an NBA GM viewpoint, right?

Because Gasol is a very good fantasy center, Drummond is kind of like Deandre Jordan as far as fantasy is concerned. He will shoot a very high FG%, a very low FT%, rebound and block like a beast, score a decent amount with some high outliers (Drummond scores more since Jordan actually has a talented team around him). I give Andre a bump in terms of overall defense because he has such good anticipation and hands, picks up a steal or two a game, which Deandre doesn't really do as well

Reaction Score
They produce roughly the same number of points despite Gasol using a lot more possessions, and Drummond is roughly twice the rebounder that Gasol is. Gasol is a better positional defender, but Drummond is definitely a better shotblocker. By far, the biggest difference between them is that Drummond is possibly the best rebounder in the league, while Gasol is well-below average for a center.

Reaction Score
By far, the biggest difference between them is that Drummond is possibly the best rebounder in the league, while Gasol is well-below average for a center.

I'd say an equally big difference is their skill level. Gasol is about as skilled a big man as you're going to find. Andre is not. They're used in much different ways but I think you're underplaying Gasol quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom