Drummond More Than One? | The Boneyard

Drummond More Than One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are the chances we could have him for 2 seasons? If it's just 1, I'll take it but it would be like losing a Ferrari after a 1 year lease.

Reaction Score
Not impossible. The new NBA CBA could require 2-3 years in college, but it looks like its more than a longshot. It's too early to really speculate but most people would bet on him being one and done.

Reaction Score
I think the new CBA will either require 2 years or let kids go pro at 18. I think one and dones are done.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What are the chances we could have him for 2 seasons? If it's just 1, I'll take it but it would be like losing a Ferrari after a 1 year lease.

Yes, but there will be a lot of joy riding in that one year.:)

Who knows how that pro contract pans out. If Lord is correct its great for UConn. If he's wrong it's great for Andre.

C

Chief00

I wouldn't discount Andre playing more than a year, but at this point there are too many variables at play.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a wet blanket, but if he is a one and done or even a two and done, doesn't that have a negative impact on the formula the NCAA used for the graduation rates which deprived us of 2 scholarships already?

Reaction Score
I don't think so if he is in good standing when he leaves.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't think so if he is in good standing when he leaves.
Correct. Early leaving only impacts the apr if they are not in good standing. upstater has been very thorough on this.

Reaction Score
The problem is that as soon as the year is over, very few top guys finish out the semester. Thus leaving not in good standing. Jc needs to get them to finish out the year to avoid this Apr issue.

Reaction Score
I think that would be huge if drummond stayed for two years. Uconn never had a one and done but this kid is probably worth it. I think we'll see right from the start how good hes going to be and how he adjusts to the college game.

Reaction Score
I didn't think there as any way he would play college ball at all so.............. who knows.

Reaction Score
The problem is that as soon as the year is over, very few top guys finish out the semester. Thus leaving not in good standing. Jc needs to get them to finish out the year to avoid this Apr issue.

Can't a kid going pro just withdraw from school. As long as they are in good standing when they withdraw, doesn't Uconn allow that student to continue classes the following semester...god knows I dropped enough classes in college so they wouldn't ding my gpa.

Reaction Score
Im not an expert on this subject, but i think that there is language in the calculation that says the student must be on pace for graduation. If they withdraw, they are not on pace. Jmo on the situation.

Reaction Score
I think the new CBA will either require 2 years or let kids go pro at 18. I think one and dones are done.

I think the owners are dead set against kids turning pro @ 18. Drafting young kids at that age is poor economics. Very few can contribute at that age, and the teams have to carry their salaries for a few years before getting a real contribution. Much better to let them mature, get free (from a NBA perspective) coaching and allow scouts to watch them play at a higher level to better assess their talent.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think the owners are dead set against kids turning pro @ 18. Drafting young kids at that age is poor economics. Very few can contribute at that age, and the teams have to carry their salaries for a few years before getting a real contribution. Much better to let them mature, get free (from a NBA perspective) coaching and allow scouts to watch them play at a higher level to better assess their talent.

The funny thing is, they could just not draft the kids. But GMs are so afraid of passing on the next Howard/Bryant/Garnett on their watch, that they draft these phenoms in the Top 5. No one says they have to draft the kids.

Reaction Score
If theNBA rules stay the same or goes back to the original rules of players coming straight out of HS then we obviously know what Drummond will do. Its definetly worth it since it improves our chances of winning a national title. There is a good chance Lamb, AO, AD all go pro after this coming season, we would still have an experienced team the year after with Bazz, Scoe, NG, Bradley, Boat, DD, TO, and Calhoun coming in.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Let's take it one game at a time. Then we'll worry about next season.

Reaction Score
Let's take it one game at a time. Then we'll worry about next season.

I agree, I never made any predictions for this coming season because I dont want to ruin the mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom