Drummond is a beast | The Boneyard

Drummond is a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
11 pts 14 boards 5 blocks...really nice game
In just 21 minutes. His per 36 numbers are highly impressive and are legitimately all-star level and are only going to rise after tonight. And he's just 19.

For comparison's sake, let's take a look at this:

Andre Drummond Per 36: 12.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.8 blocks, 1.5 steals
Dwight Howard Per 36: 17.8 points, 11.9 rebounds, 2.6 blocks, 1.1 steals

Reaction Score
his defense has been really good too not only for his age but in comparison to the rest of the league. stays on his feet instead of chasing blocks a lot better than most young bigs(while still managing to get his fair share). 114 ortg/98 drtg on a bad pistons team is really impressive. per minute hes probably been a top 20 player(per minute obviously a huge qualifier, not sure how he could handle a bigger load playing against starters more often)

Reaction Score
I can't understand how the Bobcats didn't take him since they r so far away and 6'11 guys like him that are big and athletic are so rare.

Reaction Score
Against the Wizards again today... god Washington is terrible. Six.. SIX points in the first quarter w/ 2 min to go! :eek:

Reaction Score
I can't understand how the Bobcats didn't take him since they r so far away and 6'11 guys like him that are big and athletic are so rare.

I think he would not have developed as he has at Charlotte. He is very fortunate to be drafted by Detroit.

Reaction Score
Andre. One of those players they will call only by his first name. Looks like a beast out in those highlights.

Reaction Score
They probably already felt like they had that type of player in Biyombo - I know the Cats should be stockpiling assets at this stage of trying to build, but it's tough to double up on the same type of asset picking at No. 2.

Remains to be seen how Gilchrist develops as to whether it was a good pick or a whiff.

Reaction Score
They probably already felt like they had that type of player in Biyombo - I know the Cats should be stockpiling assets at this stage of trying to build, but it's tough to double up on the same type of asset picking at No. 2.

Remains to be seen how Gilchrist develops as to whether it was a good pick or a whiff.
11/6/2/1/1 in 28 minutes a game as a rookie, not a whiff.

Although I do have a conspiracy that Kevin Love gets sent to Charlotte over the summer.
Minnesota gets:
Charlotte pick (Cody Zeller)
Ben Gordon (12.5 million expirer)
Hakim Warrick (4 million expirer)
Tyler Zeller (from CLE)
Jon Leuer (from CLE)
swap seconds with Cleveland

Charlotte gets:
Kevin Love
JJ Barea

Cleveland gets:
Bismack Biyombo
swap seconds with Minnesota

Kemba, Sessions, Barea, Henderson, MKG, Love, Mullens, Haywood, Thomas, Taylor is a legit squad.

Reaction Score
Whiff was too strong a word. I don't think MKG will be a bust by any means - just meant that it remains to be seen if the people picked after him pan out better (Drummond or others). Picking at No. 2 means you'd like to get an All-Star type player - but it doesn't always pan out that way. Recent #2 picks have included Hasheem and Derrick Williams (and Marvin Williams and Stromile Swift in the not so distant past). MKG already looks better than some of those picks.

Reaction Score
In just 21 minutes. His per 36 numbers are highly impressive and are legitimately all-star level and are only going to rise after tonight. And he's just 19.

For comparison's sake, let's take a look at this:

Andre Drummond Per 36: 12.6 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.8 blocks, 1.5 steals
Dwight Howard Per 36: 17.8 points, 11.9 rebounds, 2.6 blocks, 1.1 steals

19 Year Old Dwight Howard Per 36: 13.2 points, 11.1 rebounds, 1.8 blocks, 1.0 steals

Other than points...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Jordan used the first pick in the draft a dozen years ago to pick a raw, athletic, physical specimen (Kwame Brown). My guess is that Jordan didn't want to hear the comments about the potential comparisons between the two.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

WOW! Seeing his stat line is impressive, but it doesn't show all of the little things he's doing that the highlight video showed.

-An eraser at the rim
-Gets up and BEATS others for boards
-Has a knack for being in the right spot for his teammates and rebounds/tip-ins
-Always has been athletic enough for the league, he looks like he belongs and THEN some
-MOST impressive for me... check out 3:00 into that video. Works for the rebound, and has the awareness for a no-look bounce pass to Charlie for the reverse. WOW!

The kid is going to be a beast... he's 19 and still has so much more to learn. I have to agree that the Pistons are really bringing him along well. Sure-fire All-star in a year or two.

Reaction Score
Needs work on the FT shooting unfortunately, but I am loving what I see!

C

Chief00

Since he was in his mid teens one thing many overlook is how good AD's hands are - he catches everything.

Reaction Score
Jordan used the first pick in the draft a dozen years ago to pick a raw, athletic, physical specimen (Kwame Brown). My guess is that Jordan didn't want to hear the comments about the potential comparisons between the two.
Jordan is a terrible judge of talent, when he bothers to pay attention to his team. Don't forget Adam Morrison over Rudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom