Drummond free throws | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond free throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My opinion is that there is ZERO chance this kid won't improve. He's too athletic, and too much of a gamer.

Shaq had a strabysmus, and so he had no depth perception. That's why he couldn't shoot outside of 3'.
Boone had no shot to speak of outside of 2 feet, so he never shot anything outside of 2' other than frees.
Drummond, albeit the master of a strange new shot technique, has a lot of talent, can plainly shoot short jumpers, and has excellent hand/eye coordination.

He'll be shooting 60% by March, zero doubt in my mind, and I'll give him an outside chance of shooting 75% by tourni time. Mark it down.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We need to give him a little time, but it sure ain't pretty at this point in time. I sure hope that he can improve and get better than Josh did, but he may not be here long enough. I would really like to see him show some signs that someone is working with him to implement some good mechanics. He may well get worse initially (and that may be what we are seeing now), but it would give some hope of improvement.
Josh never got it and he is the poster person for bad foul shooting. Supposedly they have been working with AD and have changed his mechanics. And this would make bad go to worse.

My guess is his FT shooting improves before the season is over. Of course it can't get much worse.:) Even if it doesn't we're fortunate to have him. He'll put a lot of opposing teams bigs in foul trouble, and worse comes to worse JC will substitute him in and out of games, late in the game. Barring injuries UConn is deep and RS and TO are good FT shooters.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My opinion is that there is ZERO chance this kid won't improve. He's too athletic, and too much of a gamer.

Shaq had a strabysmus, and so he had no depth perception. That's why he couldn't shoot outside of 3'.
Boone had no shot to speak of outside of 2 feet, so he never shot anything outside of 2' other than frees.
Drummond, albeit the master of a strange new shot technique, has a lot of talent, can plainly shoot short jumpers, and has excellent hand/eye coordination.

He'll be shooting 60% by March, zero doubt in my mind, and I'll give him an outside chance of shooting 75% by tourni time. Mark it down.
Good analysis. I'm in agreement with you.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It always cracks me up how nothing gets people going more than missed free throws. Wasted emotion. Central has a great free throw shooting team.

Reaction Score
He sucks- however I think he will get it together at some point before March roles around.
I don't think this is one aspect that can be dramatically changed mid-season. He will most likely have to address it off-season.

Reaction Score
It always cracks me up how nothing gets people going more than missed free throws. Wasted emotion. Central has a great free throw shooting team.
I have them in my Final Four.

C

Chief00

This is not unexpected - this was known. Quite frankly, his foul shooting won't improve much until he has a chance to work on it during the off season - I agree there is a lot of other stuff involving the team that he needs to spend time on. Of course since he shot 12% last game - he will improve from that level.
If he shot 75%, we would have won by 5 more, 60% we would have won by 4 more - in a competitive game you would not want to leave those points unfulfilled. Quite frankly, if he shot 60% from the line this year - I would take that in a minute - but that will be a challenge.
What I did like was his 14 rebounds and 3 blocked shots. The kid's a player and a competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway

Top Bottom