Drummond Big East Rookie of the Week | The Boneyard

Drummond Big East Rookie of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He really was a #Beast against FSU.

I can't wait until february. Clearly plays better against bigger, more physical players.

Reaction Score
Great confidence boost for the young man. Congrats AD! I have a feeling we might be seeing this headline again a few times this year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah I feel all our freshman will get this multiple times. I do feel Drummond needs to start and AO at the four when he gets his head around

Reaction Score
Well deserved and i'm sure we'll see more through out the year.....unless Boatright has something to say about that. Which is a good thing for us..

Reaction Score
He really was a #Beast against FSU.

I can't wait until february. Clearly plays better against bigger, more physical players.

I love that you said that because that's probably why high school scouts felt that he wasn't playing his hardest, but when the lights shine in big tournaments he would step up. May he really does struggle establishing himself against opponents who are smaller than him and teams that might swarm him with double teams since he's so big. I'm sure Calhoun will fix that tendency before this season end.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Andre. What a great freshman class we have (for the second year in a row).

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
What I liked most about his performances against both UCF and FSU was that in crunch time ... he just looked like he wanted it more than anyone else

Reaction Score
just wait until he starts calling for alley-oops. will be unstoppable.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Rookie of the Week. Yep - they all got those blue/white colored glasses... ROFLMAO

C

Chief00

Andre is a true baller, as I have been telling people. Now got to get Alex going and in the right frame of mind. I like the 3 guard line-up but as a supplement not as the mainstay. It's a good change of speed, but if teams focus and make that their primary scouting study - then it's not as effective.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
just wait until he starts calling for alley-oops. will be unstoppable.
yeah i can't wait, I'm just waiting for a rebound going up high and you see him jumping over everyone for it and slamming it home

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Andre is a true baller, as I have been telling people. Now got to get Alex going and in the right frame of mind. I like the 3 guard line-up but as a supplement not as the mainstay. It's a good change of speed, but if teams focus and make that their primary scouting study - then it's not as effective.
i think our best line up is(mainly will be) bazz, lamb, daniels, ao and drummond... with boatright coming in for bazz or the 3 guard line up and daniels and scoe can be either or... but i love olander now with hustle and smart play

Reaction Score
Congrats to Andre. What a great freshman class we have (for the second year in a row).
Two great ones in a row. Last years was mostly unheralded and this one came with tons of hype. Just Jimmy C doin his thing!

Reaction Score
if the freshmen improve all season like they did last year AD will be a nightmare come march. i say he averages 25-15-5 during big east play :p

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I wonder if the guy who had Drummond on his fantasy team decided to keep him or trade him.:)

caw

Reaction Score
It's kind of weird but even with the statline AD put up against FSU he seems capable of so much more. It just seems to be so easy for him and at the same time there are some glaring weaknesses in his game. It's like his high school coach never worked on boxing out or foul shooting which are pretty fundamental. Heck his ft shooting form has looked better every game even if the results aren't there yet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's kind of weird but even with the statline AD put up against FSU he seems capable of so much more. It just seems to be so easy for him and at the same time there are some glaring weaknesses in his game. It's like his high school coach never worked on boxing out or foul shooting which are pretty fundamental. Heck his ft shooting form has looked better every game even if the results aren't there yet.
Supposedly AD was a decent foul shooter and then had a growth spurt, which affected his release.

Part of the problem for AD regarding boxing out has been that refs are prone to calling AD for being overly aggressive when he played against smaller players. He wasn't but they were just be cautious. Thabeet had a similar problem. When UConn goes against teams with stronger players, the refs hold back the whistle, in spite of some wrestling matches that take place.

AD probably received the same type of treatment in high school. Only in high school he rarely got the opportunity to play against players his size and built. So he never could employ boxing out techniques. I expect he will do just fine once he becomes aware of the double standard and how it is not employed when the competition is of an equal caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom