Drummond and dunking? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond and dunking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only thing to complain about with AD is the fact he's only had 5 rebounds in the last two games. Other than that he's been great.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This comment makes me think of that Saturday Night Live skit where Michael Jordan was transported back into the 1950's. He plays circles around the short white guys, dominating and throwing down thunderous dunks left and right. But the press and his teammates give him nothing but grief for not playing "the right way."

This ring a bell with anyone else?

Reaction Score
We need to have a "dislike" button so that we can enforce mob rule here.

Reaction Score
He actually did have one jump hook that rolled around the rim and fell in. And five dunks. But close enough.

Reaction Score
Once again for everyone on here thats getting all worked up- i said in the original post that i was not complaining about it. What i was trying to get at was when they play a team with a taller front line Drummond probably will not have as many easy looks that close to the basket. He is getting better every game and maybe by the end of the season he will be able to score at will against any team. Im NOT saying he shouldnt dunk. If hes in position then of course take the high percentage shot and throw it down. Im not sitting here saying he should lay it in instead of dunking it like some of you are making it out to be.

Reaction Score
Ts - you weren't off with your original point. He clearly needs some sort of post game as he develops. Right now, he does two or three things a game that makes you say "Wow!", and one or two that make you cover your eyes and remember he's still only 18 and playing against guys his size for the first time.

Reaction Score
I don't think the original post needs to be killed like it has. Obviously Drummond needs to work on his low post moves because you can't be in position to dunk everything. But if you can dunk, then of course dunk it. Maybe i'd like to see better post moves from Drummond. But with time i'm sure we'll see him develop his game more. I'm already happy with what hes showing.

Reaction Score
Dunk everything. If he never scores in any other fashion and dunks 10 times a game I would be one happy camper.

Reaction Score
Maybe im looking too much into this but does anyone else find it somewhat of a negative that Drummonds points come mostly on dunks. I first noticed this during the exhibition vs AIC. Trust me im not complaining because ill take points any way we can get them. When Uconn starts to get into the Big East schedule and starts to go up against guys taller than 6-7 and 6-8 i dont think he will get as many easy looks as like he is now. In order to score more he will have to work harder getting to the basket.

Drummond will dunk against everyone. He is a beast. That is what a beast does. Complain about something else.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping he'll get a chance to throw it DOWN on the UNI BROW down in Lexington, or preferably not just one but two PLUMLEES

Love it when the man throws it down, even though its only worth two points, no one likes to get dunked on all game long, it wears on the opponent

Reaction Score
my man TS is right. Everyone on here must have no commen sense. Sure Drummond is fine with just dunking its awesome and fun to watch. But he's going to need to learn the little hook shot, and that he's just gonna have to lay some in. I've seen miss atleast a few put backs by trying to just dunk them home. Just simply lay in the follow ups thats all. That being said, the guy is awesome and is only going to get better.

Reaction Score
I think he doesn't dunk enough. He shows enough agility to get by his defender and power to the hole. I think even when the defender has good position on him, he should push it a bit (even if it results in an offensive foul). He pulled up once last night when he could have gotten to the rim and he put up an airball.

once AD realizes that he is too big too quick for just about everyone he faces hes going to realize that defenders are either going to foul him or get out of the way and he`ll be unstoppable.

Reaction Score
I think the OP was trying to relay that at the next level AD needs to show at least an offensive ability in the block. Right now, dunking is easy against less competition. He needs to develop footwork and the leverage of good inside ability. His shot is from the chest, STILL, despite Blaney working with him. Yes, it takes time, but if you look at other 18 year olds, Anth0ny Davis, and Bismack Biyombo, AD has no offensive work beyond dunks. Calhoun suggesting they don't want him to be a "finesse" player is not helping him. He needs to establish an inside presence with footwork and a fluid offensive game, hooks, etc to be a serious NBA prospect.

Reaction Score
I think the OP was trying to relay that at the next level AD needs to show at least an offensive ability in the block. Right now, dunking is easy against less competition. He needs to develop footwork and the leverage of good inside ability. His shot is from the chest, STILL, despite Blaney working with him. Yes, it takes time, but if you look at other 18 year olds, Anth0ny Davis, and Bismack Biyombo, AD has no offensive work beyond dunks. Calhoun suggesting they don't want him to be a "finesse" player is not helping him. He needs to establish an inside presence with footwork and a fluid offensive game, hooks, etc to be a serious NBA prospect.
Good point, I'm sure Calhoun has been horrible for him and is "not helping him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom