Drummond and Boat | The Boneyard

Drummond and Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Drummond was the best player on the floor in the fist half, dominant on both ends. Loved what I saw from Boatright, he made great passes and got into the lane off the dribble at will. We looked very good with Bazz and Boat in the backcourt together.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Yup ... really nice to see those two playing well, great to see Boat out there finally. You can see what a help he's going to be.

Reaction Score
Impressive and FSU is not a cupcake. Like how he let the game come to him over time.

Reaction Score
^^^lol, that dude was a moron who said AD was a bust.

I really would have liked to have seen them feed the post more in the latter stages of the second half. I wonder if it was by design because AD is so young? Or if Bazz just did that on his own. He was hot, so who am I to judge. Good win, a game that should help them grow, but there is still plenty of growing to do. I didn't see much of DD today, but ill admit that I was in and out of watching as my kids were acting crazy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
drummond had another double double and 6 blocks... napier 6 turnovers and lamb 4 not good... boat 14 points

Reaction Score

I really would have liked to have seen them feed the post more in the latter stages of the second half. I wonder if it was by design because AD is so young? Or if Bazz just did that on his own. He was hot, so who am I to judge. Good win, a game that should help them grow, but there is still plenty of growing to do. I didn't see much of DD today, but ill admit that I was in and out of watching as my kids were acting crazy.
DD outside shot hasn't really been falling and his game actually is kind of similar to RS where he has a tough time taking his man off the dribble. I think he will be fine in time as he has real nice form on his shot.

Reaction Score
Biggest surprise is how smart Drummond can play for his age in key moments. Thabeet would have 100% swatted that final shot in regulation and we would have lost.

Reaction Score
Biggest surprise is how smart Drummond can play for his age in key moments. Thabeet would have 100% swatted that final shot in regulation and we would have lost.
Yeah good point and that was after JL almost picked up a foul swatting at the ball but at least he did it sideways instead of down. JL's defense leaves a lot to be desired.

Reaction Score
Drummond was AWESOME today! I never stopped believing - some people are too impatient ...JC and staff will get him better and better ! he will be a FORCE come March!

Reaction Score
Yes AD is a manchild but he does need to improve his shot. It is dreadful at this time.

Reaction Score
I liked what I saw of Boat for his first game. Thought they ignored Lamb too much in the second half.
Drummond is just a pleasure to watch.
Olander had a bad game today, not only shooting but on D as well.
Still, he hit clutch free throws at the end.

Reaction Score
Drummond is going to be ridiculously good later this year, he's almost at that point already, his game to game improvement is drastic.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Drummond is a beast.

How bout AO having one of the worst games of his career after already being in the doghouse.. yikes.

Reaction Score
Deandre looked hurt when he returned for the second half. He spent time with team doctor and I don't remember him getting out again.

Reaction Score

I agree. We havent really fed the post at all this year. I think AD has gotten it about five times total when posting up. Something we need to do more often.

Reaction Score
These three freshman are all big time players right now. Drummond has been super impressive this tournament and for Boatright to make his debut against a top 25 team with the defense FSU has, very impressive. Is DD sick? He looked a little sluggish.

Reaction Score
Drummond played fantastic today. Four offensive rebounds, 12 points, and six blocks! He held James to 4 out of 11 from the field also.

Reaction Score
Drummond played fantastic today. Four offensive rebounds, 12 points, and six blocks! He held James to 4 out of 11 from the field also.

Yea Drummond's man to man D in the post against James was very good, bodied him up several times today during his post moves to the basket.

Reaction Score
DD has the flu and was probably feeling very weal. Also TO also had some flu symptoms.
Hopefully that was the cause for his poor game.

Reaction Score
On Boatright, I haven't seen Jabarie Hinds play nor have I bothered to look up how he's done but I get the feeling we may have gotten the better of that situation.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if drummond can not put the ball on the ground like thabeet did and go up strong and he'll be a monster... he doesn't need to shoot now, we have 4 other positions for that... he needs to bang down low, rebound, and finish around the rim

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Drummond was the best player on the floor in the fist half, dominant on both ends. Loved what I saw from Boatright, he made great passes and got into the lane off the dribble at will. We looked very good with Bazz and Boat in the backcourt together.
against man to man i think bazz boat and lamb will be incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul