Drop in polls | The Boneyard

Drop in polls

Reaction Score
It's funny, Duke or Kansas drops a game they drop one spot in the polls, UConn drops a three point game at the buzzer in a hostile court they drop five spots. Any excuse to drop UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If any voters actually watched it, I'm surprised we didn't drop more. WVU was terrible and we were even worse. It's not worth worrying about. We will get two starters back soon, hopefully by Saturday.

Reaction Score
15 was a bit high, 20 is a bit low. As noted above, keep winning and it takes care of itself. Tough D and strong rebounding seem to be established. Our ceiling is dictated by ball handling and ball movement. Whaley made a couple nice passes last game that resulted in open 3s and AJ looks more comfortable out there. Insert Martin's toughness and rebounding and Sanogo's low post game and this team is a handful. But again, our ceiling all depends on handling pressure and ball movement resulting in easy buckets or good looks from outside. This team needs to share the ball real well to be a legit contender, but the talent is there.

Reaction Score
NCAA college basketball NET is #15. That is really the only poll that matters.

But the other polls are fun to b*tch about. No good son of a guns.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile (unranked) Texas Tech loses to (unranked) Providence and now Texas Tech is ranked and Providence is still not. The way the AP votes makes no sense.
They lost to Providence 2 weeks ago on the road by 4 (which is basically a neutral court tie) and then last week beat top 10 KenPom Tennessee on neutral court, while Providence beat Vermont and Central Connecticut State. Texas Tech is 14 in KenPom and 24 in Torvik. Providence is 55 in KenPom and 40th in Torvik.

Reaction Score
It's funny, Duke or Kansas drops a game they drop one spot in the polls, UConn drops a three point game at the buzzer in a hostile court they drop five spots. Any excuse to drop UConn.

Good God that's stupid.

Reaction Score
They lost to Providence 2 weeks ago on the road by 4 (which is basically a neutral court tie) and then last week beat top 10 KenPom Tennessee on neutral court, while Providence beat Vermont and Central Connecticut State. Texas Tech is 14 in KenPom and 24 in Torvik. Providence is 55 in KenPom and 40th in Torvik.

So, this is what gets me up in arms when it comes to the AP voters. I think too many just use predictive stats to rank teams instead of who's actually earned the spot. (The worst is Jesse Newell who should just hand over his vote to Ken Pomeroy directly) Sure, Texas Tech beat Tennessee but that is literally their only good win of the season. The rest are to near or sub 300 kenpom teams. And then they lost to Providence. Heck, even Tennessee only has one good win themselves.

Meanwhile, Providence has played a much harder schedule and has wins against Wisconsin, Northwestern (who are surprisingly decent this year), and Texas tech. And their "cupcake" wins are against Fairfield, New Hampshire, Rhode island, and Vermont (two top 100 and two top 200 teams) instead of the 300+ that TN and TT played.

To me, let the analytics guys do the analytics to figure out who's the best team and the AP voters should vote for who earned the highest spots on the podium for best performance.

Reaction Score
The infatuation with polls on this site never ceases to amaze me. Especially when we had two teams basically come from nowhere to win NCs. Would you rather have been ranked #1 at the end of those two regular seasons or won those two NCs??

Who cares? And please don't tell me it helps recruiting. It doesn't. Kentucky still got it's guys when they had a losing record and were unranked. As did UNC.

Reaction Score
What I would question is why does Villanova stay in the top 10 at #9 from 6. They were manhandled by Baylor from start to finish and have not played good ball for ty he last 2 games. ?

Reaction Score
How about drop-ins from Poles?

Wow Is that traditional mixed gender Pole dancing done before or after the basketball game between the Krakow Crows and the Warsaw Weazles? Do the fans cheer “ GO WARSZAWA!, CRUNCH THEM CROWS,!!”

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
That’s my bad, I thought the PC/Tech game was just last week. This month is flying by! Makes a little more sense then. But still feel like PC should be ranked with their resume (I’m addition to Texas Tech, they also have wins @ Wisconsin and neutral vs Northwestern)

Reaction Score
The question is the people who vote on the polls are idiots yes it doesn't matter, net is more important its just that it makes no sense at all. I think Dave Borges does a great job with his ballot. But some of these voters are way off. It wouldn't surprise me if UConn beats Providence that some voters will drop UConn because they are anti Big East Conference.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its frigging December
Start your sobs in March if applicable
Thank you

What I would question is why does Villanova stay in the top 10 at #9 from 6. They were manhandled by Baylor from start to finish and have not played good ball for ty he last 2 games. ?

Who cares? Besides they have been elite the past half dozen years - they deserve the preferential treatment
UConn, unfortunately, needs to re-enter that stratosphere

Reaction Score
Us as fans: The NCAA hates us, the refs have an agenda against us, every team hits crazy shots against only us. Give it a rest. We played poorly and lost to an okay-at-best team who pretty much shot the freezing point at the line.

Reaction Score
The infatuation with polls on this site never ceases to amaze me. Especially when we had two teams basically come from nowhere to win NCs. Would you rather have been ranked #1 at the end of those two regular seasons or won those two NCs??

Who cares? And please don't tell me it helps recruiting. It doesn't. Kentucky still got it's guys when they had a losing record and were unranked. As did UNC.
I felt this way for a few years, up until a couple weeks ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom