Dream v Fever: Who ya got? | The Boneyard

Dream v Fever: Who ya got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is Erika de Souza playing in this series? I heard she might not be available but I'm not aware of an injury. Anyone know what's going on? If she's not available that is a big loss for the Dream.

One of the key matchups is at the point. As Lin Dunn said to anyone on the bench who would listen during one of the games against the Liberty: "I'm sick and g-d'ed tired of not having a point guard..." ESPN declined to acknowledge that comment because it didn't fit with Carolyn's Peck ongoing commentary about the play of Erin Phillips and the ESPN cameras' fixation on Phillips' parents and the journey from Australia to Indianapolis. Both Phillips and Harding can make shots but can they effectively run their team's offense in a high-pressure series? I think Harding wins that battle.

I'm going with the Dream in 3. I'm less confident in my pick if de Souza is unable to play.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I"m going with the Dream based on their regular season record of 4-0 against the Fever

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The 4-0 record is compelling. They also closed out the regular season at 17-5 before sweeping the Sun. They were finalists last year. They have Angel, who is at Catch's level. I pick Atlanta.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not a pretty game between the Fever and Dream but the Fever never play pretty games. The most interesting part of the game was the decision by Lin Dunn to give up on her two point guards in the 4th quarter and go with Katie Douglas. The Fever's offense looked bad but was bailed out by some big shots by Tangela Smith and some big offensive rebounds. Unlike the series against the Sun, the Dream couldn't make an open shot. Funny how those shots are tougher to make when the pressure is greater. I don't know what impact de Souza's absence will have on the Dream but they can still win the series if they do a better job of making shots and continue to expose the Fever's poor point guards.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Ericka played 37 minutes tonight...

bailed out? Tangela is part of the team, she did what she's suppose to do to get a win, make shots and rebounds

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ericka played 37 minutes tonight...

bailed out? Tangela is part of the team, she did what she's suppose to do to get a win, make shots and rebounds

Yes, bailed out. That term is often used to describe poorly run offensive sets that are saved when someone makes a great shot that was not the shot the offense was looking for. It's a credit to the Fever's hustle and good fortune but I guarantee you Lin Dunn doesn't want a repeat of that in Game 2. She'd much prefer that her point guard pass the ball to players wearing the same jersey and that the offense not have to force up shots with the shot clock running down.

I know Erika played 37 minutes tonight. She's expected to play zero minutes on Sunday.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
oh... why, because she's training for the National team or is there an injury. Im confused cause she played tonight so Im trying to understand why not Sunday.

and thanks for breaking down "bailed out" for me

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
oh... why, because she's training for the National team or is there an injury. Im confused cause she played tonight so Im trying to understand why not Sunday.

and thanks for breaking down "bailed out" for me

She's going to play for her NT. Horrible timing if you ask me. :mad:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I agree... thanks for answering my question

Reaction Score
Is Erika de Souza playing in this series? I heard she might not be available but I'm not aware of an injury. Anyone know what's going on? If she's not available that is a big loss for the Dream.

One of the key matchups is at the point. As Lin Dunn said to anyone on the bench who would listen during one of the games against the Liberty: "I'm sick and g-d'ed tired of not having a point guard..." ESPN declined to acknowledge that comment because it didn't fit with Carolyn's Peck ongoing commentary about the play of Erin Phillips and the ESPN cameras' fixation on Phillips' parents and the journey from Australia to Indianapolis. Both Phillips and Harding can make shots but can they effectively run their team's offense in a high-pressure series? I think Harding wins that battle.

I'm going with the Dream in 3. I'm less confident in my pick if de Souza is unable to play.
I hate the Dream but they'll probably take the series unless Angel plays poorly for three games which is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom