Dream Scenario | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dream Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will disregard the fact that even if we win out we won't get a 9 seed. If you actually want a matchup with Kentucky with our front line you are INSANE! Unfortunately the Kentucky bigs would make AB and PN look like high schoolers.
I wonder if posters realize that we help make uk who they are today. That fire in their belly was ignited last April. Bazz was the match and the others gasoline.

So no, I want no part of them as they would want to annihilate us as we would simply just want to win.

Reaction Score
I will disregard the fact that even if we win out we won't get a 9 seed. If you actually want a matchup with Kentucky with our front line you are INSANE! Unfortunately the Kentucky bigs would make AB and PN look like high schoolers.
So everyone thought that last year and twice with the 2011 team. Kentucky does not seem to have Uconns number.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So everyone thought that last year and twice with the 2011 team. Kentucky does not seem to have Uconns number.

There are different players in different roles on the court for each team. "We're UCONN therefore we're better than everyone" isn't a valid argument. Neither is "they suck because they're (insert rival blue-blood school whom we detest here)". Having watched 3-4 Kentucky games this year, their players (namely their freshman) are very skilled and not terribly mistake-prone. I love Phil, but their big men are much more comfortable with the ball in their hands and are able to directly create offense in ways besides screens.

Reaction Score
If we played Kentucky and they made Kentucky shoot with their off hands, I'd say we'd have a chance.

Otherwise - I'm not exaggerating for effect here - us beating Kentucky would be the greatest upset in the history of sports.

Kentucky would rightfully be significant favorites were we to play them, but this post exhibits an astonishing lack of perspective.

Reaction Score
Kentucky would rightfully be significant favorites were we to play them, but this post exhibits an astonishing lack of perspective.

Maybe that Nova 30/1 (for the title) ghost pick of yours will come to fruition and they will bounce Kentucky in the FF.

Reaction Score
Maybe that Nova 30/1 (for the title) ghost pick of yours will come to fruition and they will bounce Kentucky in the FF.

Last I checked you can still get them at 30 to 1 or close to it. It seems like there is a complete absence of respect for this team on the betting market. I hope you are right.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Somehow make it to Sunday and win. See some sap P5 bubble team dream go poof as we take their #12
Seed from them. And in my dream Omar never shoots again.

Reaction Score
There are different players in different roles on the court for each team. "We're UCONN therefore we're better than everyone" isn't a valid argument. Neither is "they suck because they're (insert rival blue-blood school whom we detest here)". Having watched 3-4 Kentucky games this year, their players (namely their freshman) are very skilled and not terribly mistake-prone. I love Phil, but their big men are much more comfortable with the ball in their hands and are able to directly create offense in ways besides screens.
I hear you but like last year, its all about the defense! Kentucky does not scare me. I believ on any given night with Rodney and Daniel on top of their game, we can hang with the best! 7 years in a row Kentucky has had the talent and only one National Title. Im just saying!

Reaction Score
Last I checked you can still get them at 30 to 1 or close to it. It seems like there is a complete absence of respect for this team on the betting market. I hope you are right.
Yep 30/1...surprised at that from a value perspective.

Reaction Score
I hear you but like last year, its all about the defense! Kentucky does not scare me. I believ on any given night with Rodney and Daniel on top of their game, we can hang with the best! 7 years in a row Kentucky has had the talent and only one National Title. Im just saying!

Nothing is written in stone of course, but can't people just live in the moment, lets get to the tournament first and before we even get there lets beat Memphis on Sr night.

Reaction Score

Kentucky would be around a -14.5 pt fav vs. UConn if they met in Louisville assuming UConn got in the 8/9 game. We don't have to worry about that though since our ceiling for seeding is well below the 9 line even if we run the table.

Reaction Score

We beat SMU at home in a fairly close game where RB and DH played very good and RP had the game or his career by far and that makes you think we can beat this undefeated Kentucky team? Can we? Yeah sure probably 1/10 times but I would certainly be afraid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom