Dream Non-Conf. Sched. 2014-15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dream Non-Conf. Sched. 2014-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As someone above noted, half of the OOC schedule is accounted for. Don't forget we will have a few Quinnipiac/Yale/CCSU type games too so there really is only room for 2-4 more games.

KO and WM understand the need to build in power conference games. The trick will be getting them at home/NYC/other advantageous neutral site. You may not get, say, KU or UK to come to Hartford/Storrs but you could entice them to NYC. Another option for NYC is the Jimmy V Classic. I believe the NC St game last year was part of that. Is there a rotation for that event like there is for Maui?

Also, don't forget the role BSPN can play in this. They pretty much got the ball rolling on the UF series because they needed to fill the slots between "Feast Week" and "Bowl Week".

The TD Garden hosted an event this year with Massachusetts based teams and the coaches all talked about expanding it to all of New England and inviting UConn, URI, etc. A UConn-UMass game would likely be the anchor event there.

I certainly hope the UT game is in CT, three games in Texas over the course of the season could be tough travel.

Reaction Score
I'd take UMass at the TD Garden for sure. If we were a mid-major from Upstate New York maybe we could get Cuse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As someone above noted, half of the OOC schedule is accounted for. Don't forget we will have a few Quinnipiac/Yale/CCSU type games too so there really is only room for 2-4 more games.

KO and WM understand the need to build in power conference games. The trick will be getting them at home/NYC/other advantageous neutral site. You may not get, say, KU or UK to come to Hartford/Storrs but you could entice them to NYC. Another option for NYC is the Jimmy V Classic. I believe the NC St game last year was part of that. Is there a rotation for that event like there is for Maui?

Also, don't forget the role BSPN can play in this. They pretty much got the ball rolling on the UF series because they needed to fill the slots between "Feast Week" and "Bowl Week".

The TD Garden hosted an event this year with Massachusetts based teams and the coaches all talked about expanding it to all of New England and inviting UConn, URI, etc. A UConn-UMass game would likely be the anchor event there.

I certainly hope the UT game is in CT, three games in Texas over the course of the season could be tough travel.
And the wish lists people are proposing does not take into consideration those teams schedules and needs. Easy to want something. Not always easy to deliver.

You are correct that KO and WM understand the importance of having quality opponents. They have limitations however. Reasonable people get this. The unreasonable will blame them if events don't play out well.

Reaction Score
And the wish lists people are proposing does not take into consideration those teams schedules and needs. Easy to want something. Not always easy to deliver.

You are correct that KO and WM understand the importance of having quality opponents. They have limitations however. Reasonable people get this. The unreasonable will blame them if events don't play out well.
As far as other teams, I know Jay Wright and Greg Marshall were on separate radio shows detailing their interest in trying to get a series with UConn. We also know that there were talks on at least some level between Warde and KU. If we can get two of those teams added to @Stanford, @Florida, Texas, and supposedly @UCLA, we're golden.

Reaction Score
As far as other teams, I know Jay Wright and Greg Marshall were on separate radio shows detailing their interest in trying to get a series with UConn. We also know that there were talks on at least some level between Warde and KU. If we can get two of those teams added to @Stanford, @Florida, Texas, and supposedly @UCLA, we're golden.

I hadn't heard the UCLA rumor. Where did that come from?

If Nova wants a date, that would be wonderful, actually it would be a good match up in NYC if we had to. BSPN/CBS/Fox Sports 1 would probably knock over their mothers to get to the phone first to put this one on tv. The next step would be making dates line up.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I agree. The problem is that the arrangements aren't just between two parties. The conferences and the media folks who control the contracts have to sign off on these arrangements. It's the complexity that people are overlooking. But I feel strongly that WM understands the importance of strong scheduling for the success of the program, unlike his predecessor, and will do everything in his power to try an make it work.

Reaction Score
I hadn't heard the UCLA rumor. Where did that come from?

If Nova wants a date, that would be wonderful, actually it would be a good match up in NYC if we had to. BSPN/CBS/Fox Sports 1 would probably knock over their mothers to get to the phone first to put this one on tv. The next step would be making dates line up.

Take it with a grain of salt, but a family member of Daniel Hamilton said on twitter that UConn was playing at UCLA next year. If Stanford and UF are definitely on for next year I doubt we see another true road game against a major conf opponent though.

Reaction Score
Take it with a grain of salt, but a family member of Daniel Hamilton said on twitter that UConn was playing at UCLA next year. If Stanford and UF are definitely on for next year I doubt we see another true road game against a major conf opponent though.
Both are on for sure. Personally, since we will be out there for Stanford anyways I think it would make sense to swing by UCLA and get a return game out of it.

Reaction Score
Just to expand, UConn will play three of the following seven teams attending the Puerto Rico Tip Off in November of 2014 (with current KenPom ratings in parentheses):
College of Charleston (200)

Wow. Haven't paid any attention to College of Charleston but they were very good back when we had them on our schedule.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Wow. Haven't paid any attention to College of Charleston but they were very good back when we had them on our schedule.
Cremins is no longer coaching them.

Reaction Score
It would be interesting to have a killer OOO schedule but there needs to be some balance here. If we go .500 or even 1 or 2 games under .500, would we even make the tourney with < 20 wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom