Drawing parallels | The Boneyard

Drawing parallels

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Hats off to our team for trying so hard despite all the adversities during the season. We should be proud of them.

I just want to bring this up early. If the team wins the chip next season, it will be high school all over again for Paige.

Paige got injured (ankle) her second year in high school and they also lost at the state finals at Target Center, where they lost now.

They then went on to be undefeated and she got to win her first state championship in her third year. Maybe they won't go undefeated next year as that seems like a stretch nowadays in WCBB, but you get the point.

She also had her highest PPG season during her third year, won the National Player of the Year, and I truly think she had a great leap in her game during that year.

Drawing the parallels, in case it truly happens.

Let's go, Huskies!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe that Hopkins lost in the championship game when Paige was in 8th, 9th, and 10th grades. They won it when she was in 11th grade and was the favorite the following year before the pandemic stopped the season just before the finals.

Paige was the NPOY as a senior. When she was a junior, Azzi won 2 major NPOY awards and Haley Jones won the other 2.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I believe that Hopkins lost in the championship game when Paige was in 8th, 9th, and 10th grades. They won it when she was in 11th grade and was the favorite the following year before the pandemic stopped the season just before the finals.

Paige was the NPOY as a senior. When she was a junior, Azzi won 2 major NPOY awards and Haley Jones won the other 2.
You are right. I was off by 1 year re: NPOY.

I compared the years using the Fr, So, Jr, Sr terms but it's technically her 4th year in Varsity.

I certainly hope no pandemic-like event will cancel her senior year this time around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom