Drake @ #23 Texas - 12/18/20 | The Boneyard

Drake @ #23 Texas - 12/18/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Austin TX - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Longhorn Network (Alex Loeb, Andrea Lloyd)

Video stream:
Drake vs. #22 Texas (W Basketball) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
33-22 TEX end of first

No Celeste Taylor tonight
but it’s Ebo’s first game for Texas.

516CBF01-2F95-44B5-85C2-3FC10B3E205F.jpeg

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Lauren Ebo finishes with 14 points and 7 rebounds in her first game at Texas thanks to the blanket waiver.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Texas won so comfortably without both Taylor and Gaston. Getting Ebo on the court was obviously a big deal.

Joanne Allen-Taylor and Audrey Warren are showing some vast improvement on the offensive end. Both clearly worked on their game during the offseason.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Texas won so comfortably without both Taylor and Gaston. Getting Ebo on the court was obviously a big deal.

Joanne Allen-Taylor and Audrey Warren are showing some vast improvement on the offensive end. Both clearly worked on their game during the offseason.
As is Kyra Lambert. She's getting more minutes as she heals up, and her offense is trending upwards. Karisma Ortiz is also hitting 3-pointers and finding her role on the team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Drake drops to 2-4. Did they overschedule, or just down this year? Another OOC game against Iowa St. before they dive into MVC action.

Reaction Score
For as good as Collier can be at times, it sometimes feels like Texas’ weak spot is in the paint. Maybe I’ve just tuned in for the right games, but of the few Texas contests I’ve seen this year, the guards (namely Warren and Allen-Taylor) have looked good to great. Collier is a powerhouse but seems to go AWOL at times, even when she’s physically the dominant post player on the floor. Maybe it’s the absence of a power forward to help her out—Ebo may be able to help with that now.

I like Collier, but she doesn’t always seem engaged. Hard to visualize her as a #1 pick if that doesn’t improve. She certainly has the tools and skillset to be an impact player in the league.

Reaction Score
Maybe it’s the absence of a power forward to help her out—Ebo may be able to help with that now.

When Texas plays big (like they might want to against Baylor), I see Ebo playing down low so Collier can roam around more on the perimeter. Ebo may not be as tall as Collier but she’s more of an immovable object.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
When Texas plays big (like they might want to against Baylor), I see Ebo playing down low so Collier can roam around more on the perimeter. Ebo may not be as tall as Collier but she’s more of an immovable object.
Ebo and Collier in the frontcourt at the same time is the ultimate starting lineup (unless the opposing team is playing 4 perimeter players on the court). DeYona Gaston is the only other true frontcourt player with size on the bench.

Next game is Monday night at Kansas State; will be interesting to see our post players against KSU's Lee.

Reaction Score
Drake drops to 2-4. Did they overschedule, or just down this year? Another OOC game against Iowa St. before they dive into MVC action.

I think any program like Drake would be down if they lost two of their best players of all time in Becca Hittner and Sara Rhine. I think the expectation for Barancynck is that her teams will continue to find ways to perform at this level, and perhaps the way that she feels is best to get recruits is to keep playing up against tougher competition. With the somewhat resurgent Iowa and Iowa State recently -- I would imagine it's harder to recruit in state for a program like Drake.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From what I have seen of Ebo and reviewing her JUCO stats, if she becomes a starter for Texas, then they truly are not a top 25 team. Baylor will eat her alive inside. She is most certainly not movable ie. not moble and will have a hard time covering most top 25 bigs.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
From what I have seen of Ebo and reviewing her JUCO stats, if she becomes a starter for Texas, then they truly are not a top 25 team. Baylor will eat her alive inside. She is most certainly not movable ie. not moble and will have a hard time covering most top 25 bigs.
Good thing Lauren Ebo never attended JUCO . . . :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well 5.55 points per game at Portland State still qualifies as she's not a major contributor but hey, go for it...reminds me of the Erin Degrate transfer from Louisville to Texas Tech to Baylor saga. Not convinced she's a player as top D1....That's my point. :D

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Well 5.55 points per game at Portland State still qualifies as she's not a major contributor but hey, go for it...reminds me of the Erin Degrate transfer from Louisville to Texas Tech to Baylor saga. Not convinced she's a player as top D1....That's my point. :D
You could do a little better research. She played her first two season at Penn State. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom