DraftExpress: Amida Brimah NBA Workout & Interview | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DraftExpress: Amida Brimah NBA Workout & Interview

Reaction Score
Ok, above average for our recent big men. He seemed to make quite a few nice passes over the years. Maybe not enough to be above average but I felt he was pretty decent in that aspect of the game.

Amida Brimah had a few very exellent skills. Blocking and rim running will always have a place in college basketball. Passing was not even CLOSE to one of his skills. He was an absolute black hole when the ball was put in his hands. I think you're a pretty good poster, but on this you're just wrong. Amida could not pass the ball out of the post; he even looks awkward passing the ball. He arms don't have the right muscle memory.

Part of the reason why he turned it over/missed so badly was because he didn't know how to get the ball back out if he didn't have a good seal. It's not him being a selfish player, he just didn't play enough basketball growing up to have a sense of court spacing and where he can fit the ball with a pass. Still love the kid.

Reaction Score
Maybe you're just not smart enough to figure it out by watching the game young fool. What you missed with your less than brilliant analysis of Bashir Mason supposedly outcoaching KO is that they guy who was defending their big guys is a shot blocker only and a fundamental big guy almost always took him apart for 4 years. Do you actually watch games, do you understand the game at all young guy? Because to me anyone who doesn't get that our big guy never got better because he couldn't bring what he learned to the court, well then you're not very smart all. But that's okay young guy, experience helps and maybe when you're an old man you may actually know something about the game. Best of luck as you mature!;)

Maybe your eyesight is gone old man. So the whole game was lost on AB? UConn had more talent at every position accept for coach, but its all on AB.

How do you know what he learned and if he brought that to court? Do you go to practices? Its not like hes the only one who had trouble developing under KO.

Mature? you're calling a young guy you never met an idiot. Did I call you names? Don't worry I wont go to your level.

I'll be at all the XL games, I'm sure you wont make any. If you do decide to go let me know, would love to met up.

Reaction Score
Maybe your eyesight is gone old man. So the whole game was lost on AB? UConn had more talent at every position accept for coach, but its all on AB.

How do you know what he learned and if he brought that to court? Do you go to practices? Its not like hes the only one who had trouble developing under KO.

Mature? you're calling a young guy you never met an idiot. Did I call you names? Don't worry I wont go to your level.

I'll be at all the XL games, I'm sure you wont make any. If you do decide to go let me know, would love to met up.

Yes you called me old man - you think I'm okay with that then you don't know me. Tough guy too huh? Seriously give it up and the old man will be sure to let you know when he goes I do go a couple times a year and would love to meet you too. Never called you an idiot either but keep going you're on a roll.

He wasn't a smart or good basketball player it's on him. Anyone can see he didn't understand the game or grasp game situations ever c'mon can't throw all at the staff. They have things they were weak on developing him and Enoch are not any of them, 2 guys who didn't even grasp the concept of help defense.

Reaction Score
Yes you called me old man - you think I'm okay with that then you don't know me. Tough guy too huh? Seriously give it up and the old man will be sure to let you know when he goes I do go a couple times a year and would love to meet you too. Never called you an idiot either but keep going you're on a roll.

He wasn't a smart or good basketball player it's on him. Anyone can see he didn't understand the game or grasp game situations ever c'mon can't throw all at the staff. They have things they were weak on developing him and Enoch are not any of them, 2 guys who didn't even grasp the concept of help defense.

Yeah, neither of these guys could pick up help D for some reason. That's not Einstein level basketball stuff. There are really complicated rotations in college basketball sometimes, but for the most part (particularly Enoch), they really couldn't get the basics. Any coach knows how to teach a basic rotation in the post, that's just basic shell work. Enoch didn't seem to get that. Brimah would have these amazing plays on one position, and leave your head scratching when he messed up the EXACT same play a minute later.

I hope Ollie is recruiting guys with a little bit better IQ lately. It seems like our more recent big man recruits we may be sacrificing some athleticism for IQ (Carlton, I am hoping!).

Reaction Score
I think Brimah didn't like the physical part of being a center. He seemed to foul out of games pretty quick when playing against very physical centers. What amazed me was watching the videos of him trying out for the pros. He never showed a lot of those moves while at UConn.

Reaction Score
I think Brimah didn't like the physical part of being a center. He seemed to foul out of games pretty quick when playing against very physical centers. What amazed me was watching the videos of him trying out for the pros. He never showed a lot of those moves while at UConn.

Have a gut feeling he had them during practice but it never followed to the game. Great kid just not a natural in any part of the game besides shot blocking. Who knows maybe he gets it at 26-27 years old, there's stuff to work with there.

Reaction Score
I may be a fool but I don't see a role in the NBA for a center who does not like to play physical and has no outside shot. But hey, that's just me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom